I Am Stumped

Business By cakesbydina Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 1:07am by cakedout

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 2

Okay ladies here where your talent and expertise can really help out a newbie. I am contemplating running a cake business from my home and I was just curious about a few things. Do any of you who have a business bake your cakes from scratch or a box with add ins? Where do you get your buttercream/various icing recipes for your cakes and last but not least do you buy your flowers and fondant or make these from scratch? I have tested a few recipes but not sure which is the best for wedding cakes that are stacked or tiered and that may sit for long periods of time. What is the answer to finding the best way/recipes for your cakes?

1 reply
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:07am
post #2 of 2

there are plenty of threads here on cc that answer many of your questions, with lots of advice on contracts, pricing, etc.

Check out the recipes here on cc for icing and fondant and do some experimenting. I am the type of person that simply has no patience for making my own fondant, so I purchase it.

I started out doing all scratch, and eventually began doing 'doctored' mixes. It's all a personal preference.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%