Ok, Need Help, Don't Want Dome Per Say But...

Baking By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 5:48am by janine1972

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:12am
post #1 of 7

Ok girls and boysicon_smile.gif I need some help with my cupcakes. I don't really want a big dome all I want is the cuppis to stay as pretty and slightly sllightly rounded as they are when I take them out of the oven. They are beautiful then when I take them out the centers fall. I use a toothpick and they come out clean and they are always nice and moist, don't want to overbake and have dry yucky cakes.

Help me please make pretty ones!! I only do a small dab of buttercream and then fondant because of heat issues here and packaging 50-150 each in little bags.

PLEASE and Thanks!!

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:48am
post #2 of 7

sounds like you are pulling them alittle to soon, and they aren't quite done.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:59am
post #3 of 7

Try turning your oven temp down a little. Higher temp will cause your cupcakes to rise quickly and fill with air. Your cupcakes are deflating as they cool.

Lower temp will allow them to rise slowly and evenly. And they won't brown if you take them out soon enough.

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 7

OK ladies, I'll try these ideas. I am always scared that I will dry them out. I usually use my oven temp of about 165 C for baking but will lower it a little more.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 7

wow, that is low - lol i bake mine at 180 Celcius, and i dont have that hassel at all, they dont fall flat. You might be baking yours at a lower temperature because of where you live - im in south africa, and most of our cakes etc get baked at around 180 C only our fruit cakes are baked lower and then at 160 C.

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Janine,

I usually do my cakes on this lower setting to cook more even, maybe it's too low for cuppies. Thanks for the advice.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:48am
post #7 of 7

marriedtoagreek74

Hi - youre welcome - lol im not sure if that is a problem or not - but i guess it is worth a try - lol I sure hope you find the solution to this problem!! But dont get discouraged, I have faith in you, you will get the perfect domed cup cake soon!!
big hugs!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%