Please Help- Eggs- What Should I Do???

Decorating By anku Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm by Ellistwins

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 8

Ok I'm making pumpkin spice cake and it asks for 3 eggs. I'm in the middle of it and realized that I have just 2 eggs instead of 3 icon_cry.gif

What should I do? Any substitutes?

Appreciate any kind of help.

7 replies
Ellistwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellistwins Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 8

Oops, can't think of anything?

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 8

you can sub some mayo for an egg or some oil but it's only one egg it mighten be that bad?

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 8

Never mind...I have gone ahead with just 2 eggs ! Will be curious to see how it turned out icon_smile.gif

If anybody had any ideas on this please do share icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 8

I know by now you have found out there will be no problem with the cake.
For more than 20 yrs I have baked all my cakes using BC mixes and only 2 eggs - and no oil. They are yummmmyicon_smile.gif

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 8

I myself have been in this predicament a few times. I find if its missing just one egg, I put a bit more oil in it and it comes out okay...HTH

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 8

I know this is almost unheard of anymore, but did you consider knocking on your neighbor's door and asking them to borrow an egg?

No one does that anymore. I remember being a kid, and we lived in a pretty rural area, and our neighbors would always borrow a cup of sugar, or a gas can, or your lawn mower, etc.

I like the the eggs at my neighbors house better, she has her own chicken farm, which I will admit can be kind of annoying, but the fresh eggs! OMG I nnever knew that eggs had flavor before! You can definitely taste a difference when I use her eggs vs. supermarket eggs.

Ellistwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellistwins Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 8

Jayde, good reply. I also had to knock on the door for whatever, but luckily we know the neighbours well and so we help each other. But it only works for the milk, sugar and eggs types of things> if I run out of icing sugar or baking ingredients, she probably won't have and that is only when she is still awake by the time I bake> I work late at night and she goes to bed very early.

I forgot about the mayonaise. I have baked a cake with only mayonaise and it came out yummy. But what would the quantity be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%