Cat (Heavy Equipment) Yellow Help

Decorating By tirby Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm by tirby

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a 3D Cat like a bull doser.....I need to order some airbrush color (unless I want to mix the color into the fondant by hand) To make CAT yellow. Which isnt exactly yellow icon_confused.gif . I use Americolor and would buy through Global Sugar Art. I need to order NOW if it is going to be here on time. Otherwise I need to color by hand. I'm thinking Golden yellow with a touch of brown or orange.

I saw a new egg yolk yellow. what about an undercoat of that with regular yellow on top.
Any help or suggestions. ( or maybe someone already made one and can tell me EXACTLY what color to use)

Thanks guys...I'll be back in an hour to be ordering or coloring!!

3 replies
abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 4

I have had to make that color before, I just used the Wilton Golden Yellow . . . looks kind of like Pooh Bear yellow . . . . and then brown to adjust the "depth" of the yellow. I don't use the Americolors (I hope to eventually!! icon_smile.gif ) but I hope this helps!!
Good luck!

tirby Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 4

I was hoping to airbrush but IF I have to mix by hand I can. Thanks for the tip It does help!!

tirby Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 4

abslu

Just wanted to let you know the color was great thanks for the tip. I did post a picture in the galleries!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%