Snickers Cupcakes

Baking By Melvira Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 1:14pm by bobwonderbuns

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 395

Ok, I played around with the idea we discussed in the 'huge' cupcake thread and this is what I came up with, complete with some pix to illustrate. I don't know why... just for fun I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif But I thought I'd share what I did for them. These could be quite popular with candy lovers!

At first I wasn't sure what flavor to make the cupcakes themselves, I thought about making them like the nougat, but I love chocolate cake. So, I decided to make a filling in the cupcake to be like the nougat, and used devil's food cake.

I filled the cupcakes with bettercreme that was whipped with Hershey's Dulce de Leche syrup to sort of serve as the nougat.

I made home made caramel but only cooked it to about 242 degrees so it would stay nice and malleable, spread it on a cookie sheet and sprinkled it with peanuts, which I gently pressed into the caramel to stick. I cut out circles of caramel with the largest metal cutter in the Wilton round fondant cutter set. (I used the medium sized one to cut out circles with no peanuts for mini Milky Way cuppies.)

After filling and topping with the caramel I dipped them in melted milk chocolate. YUM!!!

Now, my biggest problem... what to call them? Can't call them Snickers because that's a copyright issue. Chuckles is already taken as well. So, do I call them Sniggers, Snickles, Giggles, etc.? What do you think?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

394 replies
zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:39am
post #2 of 395

oh friggin' YUM! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 395

I don't know why, but that struck me as hilarious, and I actually laughed out loud. Thank you for that! thumbs_up.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 395

Oh my goodness Mel. I love milky way bars and those milky way cuppies made me drool all over the keyboard. Thanks for doing this for us. icon_biggrin.gif

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:55am
post #5 of 395

Oh my, these look so good that it doesn't really matter what you call them! I don't even like candy bars but I want one of these.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:00am
post #6 of 395

Yeah Mel, I go back to the ADOPT ME PLEASE!! They look SOOOOOOO freakin good!!!!!!!! I am seriously drooling all over the keyboard!

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:03am
post #7 of 395

Why thank you!! I suggest you all try them... they are crazy good! One thing that I might do differently... after cutting out the caramel, stretch it a little to completely cover the top of the cupcake. Maybe not... who knows. They are good the way they are!!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #8 of 395

Holy Cow....I think I've just died and gone to heaven!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
YUMMY!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bettinashoe Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:25am
post #9 of 395

Good name idea, jjkarm ---Holy Cows

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #10 of 395

Hahaha, Holy Cows would be cool!

DH says he likes either 'Snickles' or 'Chucklers'. His first choice was 'Titters', but that's kind of for a different reason. Hehehe.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #11 of 395

I am not telling my guys about, (my dh and ds) they will want it and i just made them some home made brownies with melted white choco chips and semi sweet choco chips on top. my mouth is d
r
o
o
l
i
n
g

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:35am
post #12 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Hahaha, Holy Cows would be cool!

DH says he likes either 'Snickles' or 'Chucklers'. His first choice was 'Titters', but that's kind of for a different reason. Hehehe.

That's funny icon_lol.gif That made me snort! They do look yummy though. My mom loves snickers, she would go crazy for these.

edited to add.....my DH said call them Shnickers CC........thats how our 3 year old pronounces them (=

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #13 of 395

Melvira, You're my hero! icon_redface.gif

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #14 of 395

I have to laugh! The milky way sounds so yummy!!! I went to thesaurus.com and here is the synonyms for snicker: chortle, chuckle, giggle, hee-haw, laugh, sneer, snigger, sniggle, teehee ..... The one that caught my attention would be..... sneers!!!! LOL What about galaxies for the milky ways....

Judi

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:09am
post #15 of 395

This is why your our HERO!!! Again your the bestest ever ! Now wheres that caramel recipe ??????

chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:24am
post #16 of 395

Recipe please please please please please please please with a snickers on top icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:25am
post #17 of 395

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:49am
post #18 of 395

Yah, I liked 'Chortles' by DH nixed that. My first thought when I was thinking of synonyms was snigger, but I'll be durned if I want someone to think I'm trying to propogate racial unrest. Seriously, you might think I'm silly, but I can just see someone not liking that name. (And it would most likely NOT be someone of African American descent that complained quite honestly.) I like the idea of 'Galaxy cupcakes' for the Milky Way version though. Very cute!!

Now, before I get a beating, I've been informed that it is my basic human duty to share my coveted caramel recipe. For the record, Fiddlesticks is a huge pain. She makes you feel all warm and cozy by being nice, then she smooth talks all your good recipes out of you. Be warned. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

2 sticks butter, 2 ¾ c. brown sugar, 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup light corn syrup, 1 pinch salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Spray (lightly) a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Heat to 240Ë for a soft caramel, 245Ë for a medium caramel, 250Ë for a firmer caramel that will hold its shape. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then cry because you now have a huge blister on your arm where a plop landed when it spit during the cooking process. Ow.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:45am
post #19 of 395

WOOHOO!!! Thanks, Fiddle, for being such a PITA!! Im making caramel apples tomorrow and I SO needed an awesome caramel recipe icon_biggrin.gif

The cuppies look amazing, Mel! Im def gonna give those a whirl if I have any time in the next decade!!! (The holidays are going to turn me into a psycho!!!! It's only friggin October and I dont have time to breathe)

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:51am
post #20 of 395

oh.

my.

lord.

YOU, melvira, will be the death of me.

seriously....

i can't stop staring at that last pic.... I wish that chocolate was dripping down my lips.... i NEED IT!

bettinashoe Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:41am
post #21 of 395

Oh yah, I feel an extra 10 pounds coming on this weekend. One cupcake on each hip. I've got to try them!

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:03am
post #22 of 395

I actually made real snickers candy bars when I had my candy business a few years back.....I called them 'Nickers. They were a huge seller. So you can add that to the idea list if you want. Your cupcakes look soooo good!

jaxmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaxmom Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:25am
post #23 of 395

what about "Snackers?"

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:50am
post #24 of 395

those look so good. Dipping them in chocolate was pure evil.

How about calling them "Snick-Cups" Or "Sniccups" (sound like hiccup)

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:30pm
post #25 of 395

icon_lol.gif Mel did you say I was a PITA !! icon_cry.gif Well then my deed is done ! icon_lol.gif Your welcome Julie icon_wink.gif I dont mind begging for all of us icon_razz.giftapedshut.gif
Mel I go to the best recipe book I have when I need a recipe ! And thats YOU !!! icon_lol.gif You wouldnt want us to use a less then yummy recipe for our delicious creations now would you ?? Huh!! well would you icon_twisted.gif
Now stop with the whine( wine ) or I will have to give you some cheese to go with it icon_lol.gif Sharing with your CC family was not that bad was it icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif
Ok well thanks anyway thumbs_up.gif

chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #26 of 395

THANK YOU MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I have EVERYTHING to make it today today today today!!!

We love you Mel, we don't mean to be PITA's icon_smile.gif....you could just adopt us and make it for us, then you wouldnt have to share icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:37pm
post #27 of 395

Oh Good idea Chass.. Hey everybody, road trip to Mels house!!! She is going to bake for all of us today !!!! And we will sit and play with the kiddo,s ! Yahooooooo!!!!!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:41pm
post #28 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

those look so good. Dipping them in chocolate was pure evil.

How about calling them "Snick-Cups" Or "Sniccups" (sound like hiccup)

That made me laugh, I love it! Sniccups. lol.

I am making these cupcakes tonight for my mother-in-law who is visiting from England. Thanks again for the recipe!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:50pm
post #29 of 395

Mel is the queen of cupcakes... all hail to Mel!!!!

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #30 of 395

OMG....your idea came out great! Too bad my Aunt ButtPain isn't gonna get any like these! HAHAHA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%