Really Need Help On Making A High Heel

Decorating By eatdessert1st Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm by eatdessert1st

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 4

All of the heels I've made so far really blow. Is there a trick to making those things? I'm using the wonderful templates from here so the sole isn't a problem. Any tips would be very appreciated!

Melanie Mc.

3 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 4

I just use a "sole" template and then make a smaller "sole" template to lay over the first sole (this one I colour differently and add writing to)

I draw them out on thick card and cut them out. I bend the sole in two places at the heel part and at the flat part where your foot rests.

I then cellotape the wide flat part to the surface I intend to leave the shoe drying on, in my case I tape it to a cookie tray.

The narrower end (the heel part) I prop up with an icing coupler or a tip that gives me the height that I want my heel to be.

When I get the right height I tape the tip or coupler to my template and my tray.

I take the already rolled and cut out sole of fondant and lay it over my cardboard sole and just leave it like that for about two days.

Then I make the heel by hand or else I have a tiny heel mold I use. I remove the harden shaped sole from the cardboard prop and glue on the heel.

I then leave this for a day. Then I just roll out some fondant pretty thin in a rectangle shape long enough to cover the toe end from side to side.

I bunch up lots of cling wrap and squish it into the arch shape and place it on the fondant sole.

I lay my rectangle piece of fondant over it and cut where it meets the sole on each side and glue.

Let that dry for a day or two and then decorate.

I hope this makes sense. Hard to explain without pictures I guess.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 4

I took a pair of brand new high heel shoes that I liked the heel height of and made a silicone mold of the heel. Now I just stick my gumpaste in there and take it out and it's exactly how high and shaped exactly how i want it. I let that dry and then make my sole and prop it however i need with paper towels.

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienj

I took a pair of brand new high heel shoes that I liked the heel height of and made a silicone mold of the heel. Now I just stick my gumpaste in there and take it out and it's exactly how high and shaped exactly how i want it. I let that dry and then make my sole and prop it however i need with paper towels.

Great idea! I've been trying to hand model the heel and they look pretty bad icon_cry.gif I've got the sole down thanks to the tutorial here and one of my cake books. (The cake tutorial is better, though!)
Thanks so much for the replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%