How Do I Make Gumpaste Peonies?

Decorating By stephaniescakenj Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 7:05pm by stephaniescakenj

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone, Does anyone out there have any information on making gumpaste peonies? I'm looking for some instructions on making them if anyone can recomend a good book and also which cutters to buy. There are so many to choose from so I'm not sure if I should go with a 5 petal cutter for peonies or the set with the seperate petals. any advice would be appreciated!

thanks!!

5 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know either but I want to learn. icon_biggrin.gif I bought some cutters as OSSAS but haven't used them yet.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 6

Frankly, I buy them. Cheap, easy.

But if I had to make them, and I really did make one once, I freehanded the petals and "roughed up" and ruffled the edge.

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 6

Scott Clark Wooley has instuctions on his website that you can print for peonies. I ordered his cutters but I have not tried making them yet. He has instructions for numerous flowers that he did not put in his book. If the link doesn't show up for some reason go to his website...cakes by design... click on gumpaste cutter and there you will see "Click here though for the PDF file containing 15 new sugar flower instructions for the remaining cutters that are not listed in my book".

http://www.cakesbydesign.cc/GumPasteFlowerInstructions.pdf

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 6

I got mine from jenniferdontz.com website (cutters and veiners). If you order from her, let her know you want instructions emailed - she sent me very detailed instructions (inlcuding a picture). The peonies turned out quite nicely.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

WOW! Thanks everyone. I don't know why I didn't think of jennifer and scott's sites to begin with. that would have been a good start, instead I just searched gumpaste peonies online and didn't get very far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%