Fill A Purse Cake??

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm by hwnhulahands

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, e1. I was wanting to try making a purse cake this week. But before, I get started I want toask about filling the cake. Do you lay the filled cake standing on end or do you stack and fill the layers like normal, just doing more layers and carve from there? Most likely it depends on the shape of the purse, I guess. But I was wanting to try one of those circle looking kind with the flat bottom. Thanks for any help. I feel like such a retard even asking. I just don't want to waste cake or make more than I need to.

TIA,
Tanya icon_smile.gif

1 reply
hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 2

Which one are you talking about making? If it's the round top and flat bottom, like a half circle, that's exactly what it is.....a half circle. You get your 10" round (or whatever size you are looking for) cut it in half, layer one on top of each other with buttercream in the middle and then lay it so that cut side is on the board. Now, decorate!!!

If it's the taller, square one, then you bake an 11x13 (I think that's what it is) cut into 3 and layer one on top of each other with buttercream between each layer. Shape according to what you want the purse to look like then decorate.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%