Elmo & Cupcake Pan Servings Help I Need More Cake!

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 2:45am by Wesha

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:59am
post #1 of 8

So I have a cake for this weekend. The child's mom needs to serve 34 adults and 17 kids.

She doesn't care how and what I add as long as I bring enough servings. As long as I bring the Elmo character pan cake. This is what is says on the size of the pan.

"One-mix pan is 13½ x 10½ x 2in. deep" My guess is this pan serves about 20

So the I decided to add a cupcake cake too!

The dimensions for this pan are these

15½" x 8¼" x 3¾", 10 cup capacity

after looking at the size of this pan I think I can get a good 12 servings from it.

I feel lost right now cause I know this little girl would love both cakes the Elmo one and the cupcake but 2 cupcakes that's like 3 small cakes!

But the Elmo & cupcake alone doesn't seem like enough cake what do I do!!!!!!!I need more cake!!!
LL

7 replies
notjustcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:00am
post #2 of 8

sorry it didn't let me attach the picture to the cupcake pan so here's the link

http://www.target.com/Wilton-Giant-Cupcake-Cast-Pan/dp/B0010T3020

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:37am
post #3 of 8

make some real cupcakes to go along. You can use the same colors you use to decorate the big cupcake

sayhellojana Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:38am
post #4 of 8

Ohhh, or you could use a square cake underneath the elmo. That would kind of frame it and make a nice high base.

notjustcake Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhellojana

Ohhh, or you could use a square cake underneath the elmo. That would kind of frame it and make a nice high base.

The Elmo cake would be too big even for a 10" square it is slightly longer than a 13 x 9 cake pan so ummmm unless I make a large sheet cake is the only way Elmo fits on top of another cake. ummmm icon_confused.gif

sayhellojana Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:04am
post #6 of 8

Oh wow, big elmo. Sorry icon_sad.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8

I would suggest just making some cupcakes to go along with it. That way you don't have to worry about trying to get enough servings out of the character pan. When my DD had her elmo birthday I made the Elmo head pan and made Elmo and cookie monster cupcakes to go along with it because I knew I wouldn't have enough cake with just the Elmo pan. They are in my pictures. If you don't want get too involved in detailed cupcakes like I did, you could just do plain-jane cupcakes with some sprinkles on them. My only other suggestion would to make just a plain sheet cake to go along with it. HTH.

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:45am
post #8 of 8

I did an Elmo cake and I also did a dozen cupcakes to go along with it and we had enough for about 35 to 40 people.

Wesha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%