I Need Help With Filling A Strawberry Cake

Decorating By lookitskim Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 7:05am by lookitskim

lookitskim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lookitskim Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and i have to admit. I'm so addicted. There's alot of useful information on here thanks to you guys. I'm making a batman cake with strawberry cake but i don't know if i should also use strawberry filling also. Would that be too much strawberry? Or should i just use white/yellow cake and use strawberry cream filling that i've found on this site. I need some ideas on what to fill it with. Thanks in advance! =)

12 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 13

You could use strawberry filling. I've done strawberry cake with strawberry Polaner All Fruit as a filling. Chocolate with strawberry would also be nice, as would cream cheese filling, or bavarian cream.

lookitskim Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:33am
post #3 of 13

Thanks! =)

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #4 of 13

I think a Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMBC) or bettercreme would be good as well! They're light and sort of like whipped cream so they would complement the strawberry quite nicely icon_wink.gif

lookitskim Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:30am
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjulieatkins

I think a Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMBC) or bettercreme would be good as well! They're light and sort of like whipped cream so they would complement the strawberry quite nicely icon_wink.gif

Ooh i'll check that out. It sounds yummmy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 13

I'm not a fan of strawberry so for me s. cake *&* filling certainly would be over kill icon_sad.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 13

what about mixing regular strawberry cake filling into some bc?? It makes it very light and fluffy and kinda cuts the strongness of the straw. filling. I think that would be wonderful in a strawberry cake.....it wouldn't be overkill.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 13

I made a strawberry cake this summer that I filled and iced with strawberry buttercream. I cheated and bought the Smuckers Strawberry Syrup (by the syrup in the breakfast food aisle) and added that to my regular BC, then just added a little bit of PS to get it back to the right consistency...

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 13

i've made strawberry cake (adding a cheesecake flavored instant pudding in too) and then used cream cheese filling. it makes it taste a little like cheesecake! yum!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:45pm
post #10 of 13

I absolutely love strawberry, so to have a strawberry cake AND strawberry filling would be heaven! But that's just me! icon_razz.gif ... I was going to post about doing a SMBC, but I see it's been suggested. I think the lightness of it would make your strawberry cake a dream!

And if you wanted to go with a strawberry filling, you could do almost any cake flavor. White or chocolate would work nicely... Hope this helps! Have fun! icon_smile.gif

meganmo27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meganmo27 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:48pm
post #11 of 13

I made a strawberry cake this summer and just did vanilla buttercream for the filling as the client requested. However, I personally would make a strawberry mousse filling. Nice and light, not overwhelmingly (is that a word?) strawberry. The cream cheese suggestion also sounds good icon_biggrin.gif

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:02pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

what about mixing regular strawberry cake filling into some bc?? It makes it very light and fluffy and kinda cuts the strongness of the straw. filling. I think that would be wonderful in a strawberry cake.....it wouldn't be overkill.

I agree with Khalstead. I don't think that it would be overkill. I am making a strawberry cake for my daughter's birthday and will be making a puree adding it to the cake and icing.

lookitskim Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:05am
post #13 of 13

Thanks everyone! Yea.. i wasn't sure if strawberries and strawberries would be too much.. i want something that compliments one another. The cheesecake idea sounds pretty yummmy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%