Help Needed With Colouring's For Air Brushing

Decorating By weebee511 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 2:54am by Audraj

weebee511 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weebee511 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 4

as stated above i would like some help with what kind of colourings to use with an airbrush, i have heard its possible to use sugarflair colouring paste's mixed with isopropanol alcohol, is this possible or even safe to use, if not what is the recomended choice for this task best add that im in the uk so dont have the same stores available as in the US
thanks in advance for any help/advice claire icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 4

Are you using it for flowers or to spray on a cake? If you can't find liquid airbrush colors, then I would use a dust color with either vodka or other clear alcohol (not isopropol - this is NOT foodsafe) or with a clear extract.

weebee511 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weebee511 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:00am
post #3 of 4

thanks for the help.i did originally think of using vodka but thought it might be too wet for the icing.i'll be using it for accenting a basque on my brother in laws cake,then on flowers for other cakes.could i use rejuvenator liquid instead?tia claire icon_smile.gif

Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:54am
post #4 of 4

I'm not sure what rejuvenator liquid is, sorry. The blue rose in my picture was done with blue petal dust mixed with vodka. I use vodka exclusively and it works really well as it evaporates and leaves the color behind. If I'm airbushing color onto buttercream I buy liquid airbrush colors (from Kopykake)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%