How Far In Advance Can I Make Fondant Rolled Roses?

Decorating By ReneeLynn Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 7:01pm by ReneeLynn

ReneeLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeLynn Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make my daughter's baptism cake and I am wondering how far in advance I can make the fondant rolled roses that I would like to use to decorate the cake? I'll have a busy week before her baptism, so the sooner I can make them, the better. If I can make them as soon as 1 month before I use them to decorate the cake, how do I store them?

4 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 5

You can make them as far in advance as you like. Store them in a cool dark place. I store mine in an empty egg carton in the pantry. I've had some for more than a year!

ReneeLynn Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 5

thanks so much! this is my first time on this website and I am really surprised and happy that someone answered my question so quickly. thanks again!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:17am
post #4 of 5

Fondant will be hard when left exposed to air. If you want them to remain soft put them into an airtight container (tubberwear type) & keep that in the frig.

ReneeLynn Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 5

thanks! i have a month to go before the baptism, and I made my MMF last night. I plan on making a couple of rolled roses in the next few days (for practice) and I will keep one in the fridge (in a tupperware container like you said) and another in a container in the pantry and I'll see if I'll prefer having them hard or soft...I'm thinking soft though (as long as they keep their shape enough to go on the cake). they won't be too soft if i keep them in the fridge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%