Candle Cookie Cutters

Baking By ZAKIA6 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm by GeminiRJ

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 12

Hi

Does anyone know where i can get the cookie cutters that are used on this cake?
LL

11 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 12

at www.kitchengifts.com, search candle, I think they are there.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 12

you can make your own, thats not a difficult shape to replicate.

ZAKIA6 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 12

i think i'll get the one shown on kitchengifts. it looks very similar. thanks!

i thought about making my own but im not ready to tackle that project.

jessienj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 12

well in case you change your mind, NJ Cake Decorating Meetup group is having a workshop this weekend where I'll be teaching everyone how to make their own cutters - it's hand's on so everyone will go home with 3 cutters of their own. Once you learn, it's not hard at all and you'll be whipping them out like you've been doing it your entire life. It's great when you're in a bind and need a cutter fast.

Another decorator on here found a great resource for buying stainless steel strips at an incredibly low price - wish I had known that beforehand. At that price,it's almost a sin not to do it yourself.

ZAKIA6 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienj

well in case you change your mind, NJ Cake Decorating Meetup group is having a workshop this weekend where I'll be teaching everyone how to make their own cutters - it's hand's on so everyone will go home with 3 cutters of their own. Once you learn, it's not hard at all and you'll be whipping them out like you've been doing it your entire life. It's great when you're in a bind and need a cutter fast.

Another decorator on here found a great resource for buying stainless steel strips at an incredibly low price - wish I had known that beforehand. At that price,it's almost a sin not to do it yourself.

im part of the ny/nj cake decorators group icon_smile.gif
i was going to attend the workshop but im taking my niece the pumpkin festival in central park.

jessienj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 12

cant say I blame you then! That sounds like way more fun!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:52am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienj

Oh, I am so-o-o jealous! Why can't anybody do that where I live? I'd be there before the doors opened!

jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:13pm
post #9 of 12

That's exactly how this group started - we're only a few months old. We didn't really have a cake decorators club like every other state seems to have, so quite a few of us here on CC got together and started this group. We were originally like 15 members when we started in May and we're about to hit 100 members now.

Wish you were closer Gemini!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #10 of 12

Wish I was closer, too! 100 members...that's amazing! And I'm still jealous.

jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:25pm
post #11 of 12

Are there any clubs in Nebraska? If not, perhaps you should start one! All you need is a handful of people with similar interests that want to get together and share ideas and skills.

GeminiRJ Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #12 of 12

Yes, there's a club here in town. It's okay and all, but they kinda made me feel guilty when I couldn't give 100% to the club. More my problem, I know. I've been meaning to give the club another try, now that I'm not so busy with young kids. But I think they're definitely more cake oriented, and not so much cookies, which is where my obsession lies right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%