Cake Insurance

Decorating By cakemaker61 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm by smartsexystylish

cakemaker61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker61 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 4

I too think it was a TV stunt. I don't really know about "cake insurance" and it seems impossible to me that they could produce another replica in an hour. I also think it's nuts to try and move a fully assembled cake in the first place. My cakes get delivered in separate tiers and then they're assembled on the cake table.

3 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

Same here. I always assemble on site. I've only delivered a stacked cake once and it was only two tiers, but I stressed the entire time anyway... I

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 4

I guess you guys saw Rich Bride Poor Bride, yeah after watching that scene a couple of times, it was probably done for shock value, and it worked!But it didn't seem likely they could do all that in an hour, even if they used dummies

smartsexystylish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smartsexystylish Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 4

HAHA I had "OMG" Open-Mouth and was on the edge of my seat when I saw that episode!!!

That was the first I had heard of cake insurance and the only way I can see that playing out is if they pre bake the cake tiers as "Just in cases" and then if they don't have to use it, then they use it on another cake.. but even that is a little far fetched...
Crazy indeed though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%