Has Anyone Ever Baked Cake In Their Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl?

Decorating By sun33082 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm by CNCS

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a halloween cake in the shape of a couldron (sp). I was thinking my kitchen aid bowl would be the perfect shape. Has anyone ever baked in their kitchen aid bowl? Do you think it would work? It's metal, so I don't see why not, but it is MY kitchen aid bowl, so kind of nervous about doing that lol.

6 replies
wackyicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wackyicing Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 7

I have never baked in my KA bowl...just got it about 2 weeks ago so it is still too 'new' for me to even consider BUT I have baked in a large glass bowl which I have that is oven safe. Works perfectly every time ....just takes a bit longer since the centre is so deep. I am curious if anyone has used the KA too.......

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 7

I am also planning to do a cauldron cake for Halloween. I have to admit it had not occurred to me that I could bake the whole cake in that shape. I had planned on stacking 9 inch cakes on top of a 8" cake before carving to shape. Maybe easier to bake in the KA bowl. My only worry would be how long it would take to bake through to the middle. I am sure the bowl itself would be fine. Let me know how you got on.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 7

hi everyone, i recently read and i can't quite remember who or if it was a thread, but she had baked a cake in her ka. she made a helmet with it i believe. if i remember or run into it, will come back and tell you who. Goodluck with the cake and post some pics after your done, would love to see a cake cauldron!! have a great day everyone!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 7

this is the link to the pic, http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264976, hope it works, will leave the cc id name on here also, dellboi2u, hth. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif maybe you can ask her questions. goodluck!!!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 7

Hello! Yes, I've baked a cake in my KA a couple of years ago. I put a metal skewer in the middle of it to help it bake evenly. I don't remember how long it took to bake, though..... icon_confused.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 7

Debbie Brown (I have most of her books) has a cake made like a couldron with witches dancing around it she used the round pyrex bowls I believe.

It's on her website.

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/magical_cakes/pages/hocus%20pocus_jpg_jpg.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%