Wonder Mold........ Again!

Decorating By bashini Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm by bashini

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everybody, I got the wondermold and I want to make the doll cake for my God daughter's second b'day in two weeks time.

As I'm a scratch baker I don't know how much batter to make. Should I make batter as for an 8" cake or a 9" cake? Can someone help me please?

TIA.

6 replies
BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 7

I usually make 1 box cake mix and am a little short so........not sure if that is any good information for you but it should gauge it a bit.

bashini Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 7

Hi Sarah, thanks for that, but I don't use box mixes. So I don't much about it.

Thanks anyway.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 7

HI, I am also a scratch mix baker as well. I usually do 1 1/2 of the regular recipe. 1 box equals about 6 cups of batter and I think it's similar to what a regular scratch recipe makes. HTH

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 7

Hi Bashini,
It depends on what recipe you are using and how big the mold is. If you are doing a madeira recipe for instance, you will need slightly more batter, if its's a sponge recipe you will need less. To be on the safe side, use the batter for a 9inch round.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 7

When I did my doll cake, I used enough for a 9" cake and had the exact amount. HTH

bashini Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 7

Oh thank you all for the quick replies. Ok then, 9" cake batter it is then. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks again to all of you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%