Pour Chocolate On Fondant?

Decorating By bunny_66 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 2:39pm by leah_s

bunny_66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunny_66 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:29am
post #1 of 2

Hello, I am very, very new to the cake decorating world! I made my first fondant-covered cake two weeks ago and I made the MMF myself. It came out pretty good and I was quite proud of myself! I did it just for fun, to see if I could do it, and now I'm obsessed! A friend of mine is having a Halloween Party in a few weeks and I want to make the cake.

The fun part is that she is doing a "wedding massacre" theme, so I want to make a creepy wedding cake. I was thinking I would do red velvet cake (like blooooood when you cut it icon_evil.gif ) and then just do the white fondant with black BC piping on the seam between the two layers. My question, however, is this:

Is it possible to drip red-colored white chocolate on the fondant so that it looks like blood, or will this mess up the fondant? Any ideas or suggestions for an effect like this would be much appreciated. Like I said, I'm VERY new, so thanks for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 2

It won't mess up the fondant. However, I only use SatinIce, not MMF, so you might wait for a second opinion. But really, shouldn't be a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%