My New Website

Decorating By kmoores Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 7:05pm by tinygoose

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 6

I've created a new website. I would like your comments (good, bad or indifferent).

http://kristaskakes.4t.com/index.htm

5 replies
sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 6

I think it is very nice. It is to the point you are able to get around on the website and look at the pictures nice and clear. Great job.

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 6

I liked your background! And your pics are great, too! Question: Is your cake biz being called "Enticing Icing"? I think it's really catchy. If it is, then are you able to make your web address enticingicing.com? It woud be easier for people to remember.

BTW, on your home page, there was a typo toward the bottom - "make" should be "made" (easy to do).

Best wishes to you! icon_smile.gif

jbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbc Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 6

It actually wouldn't load for me except for your opening statement thing. I will have to look at it later. One thing I did want to point out is at the end of the statement it says, "I can create any of these on a cake make especially for your loved one." Is it supposed to be made instead of make?

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 6

Your galleries are great and I think is shows a wide ranges of decorating and design skills. The background and colors are so pretty and classic.

Some of the content needs to be reworded and checked as there are a few typos. What I mean is the language is a bit passive and it needs to be stronger. "At Enticing Icing, our goal is to make your event special with a custom cake!" Or something like that...versus what you have "Lets (typo - let's) work together..."
I'm a hardcore word person though, so that might just be me. icon_lol.gif

Also, the navigation needs to be either at the top or at the right side of the screen since you have a lot of empty space right there in that area. You have literally second to get prospects in your site and if they have to hunt down a link they will move on to the next. You also need to add your contact info and copyright info, unless it doesn't bother you if people use your images and photos.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

It took awhile to load. Seemed to be stuck on downloading image553 for a long time on the home page. You may want to check the megabites on your pics and reduce them if they are too large.
Wedding page, & birthday page took a long time to load too. Although what I saw cake wise were very nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%