What Could I Use To Make A Cinderella Carriage?

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 11:59am by grama_j

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 10

I need some ideas as what to use for this project. The client wants a pumkin and a carriage. It has to be able to hold the pumkin which I was planning to make out of cake. I'm stuck on the carriage part. I thought about wood but I would need a saw to cut the pieces. Help anyone???

9 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 10

Sugarcheryl,
I hope I'm understanding this right. You need a carriage cake base in which you will place a pumpkin shaped cake?

I would cut a piece of wood to the size you wish, then cut 4 disc of wood and if maybe you can get someone to cut a design into it, you will also need 2 dowels to connect the wheels in the front & back.

I don't know what your budget it like, but you might also find some ornamental wheels already diecut. There are also carriage cake bases that can be rented.

I am attaching a pic of mine maybe it will help you, you basically need the bottom of the cake base.
LL

sugarcheryl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 10

Thanks. I do not know how much she is willing to pay I told her it would not be cheap. It is for her birthday. Auntginn I like what you did. but it will be must smaller.

auntginn Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 1:08am
post #4 of 10

I didn't think so, will this one work? The actual base is only 7 inches total length is 22 inches and it was created for a centerpiece
LL

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 10

Try googling or searching on this site for Debbie Brown Cinderella carriage or coach cake. You might get some ideas from that.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:35am
post #6 of 10

Try googling or searching on this site for Debbie Brown Cinderella carriage or coach cake. You might get some ideas from that.

sugarcheryl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:04am
post #7 of 10

Okay again thanks and auntginn I like the smaller one that would work is that made out of wood?

auntginn Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:27am
post #8 of 10

Yes, go to http://www.cinderellafantasy.com

She says you can rent the centerpiece base.

sugarcheryl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:21am
post #9 of 10

I got it I went and google debbie brown and saw a picture of what some did in one of her classes and gave me an idea. I'm going to use pastillage to make the carriage. Thanks projectqueen and auntginn for the help.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:59am
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%