Cookie Question

Baking By jadak Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 1:07pm by shiney

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 4

I am making NFSC with a glaze icing for this weekend and next weekend. I baked them all today and would like to glaze them all today and/or tomorrow. My question is can I freeze the ones for next weekend after they've been iced? If so, what's the best way to do that so I do not mess up the icing? Also, what's the protocol for thawing them? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:52am
post #2 of 4

This will depend on the type of glaze you used. I use a slight variation of Toba's Glace, and I wouldn't recommend refrigerating iced cookies, let alone freezing them, unless you added brite white to the icing when you mixed it up. Cold seems to make the icing cloudy and spotty. Other icings freeze very well. Just keep them in the containers or bags until they are fully defrosted before removing. I like to defrost my cookies in the fridge over night, then move them to the counter.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 4

My icing is basically powdered sugar, a little milk, corn syrup and color.

Do you think I could just put the cookies into an airtight container and leave them in the pantry until next Friday (the 24th)? I know they have a much longer shelf life for freshness than cupcakes or cake.

Thanks for your response.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 4

Jadak: I personally don't serve my cookies more than one to three days after baking without freezing them, and I have no problem freezing them. Gemini is spot on. I had two orange TG cookies, one had white-white in it, the other didn't. the one with white-white looked fine from the freezer, the one with no white-white was blotchy and horrible looking. I've learned my lesson with TG, always brite-white (white-white). Don't know your amounts, but your icing sounds like TG, without the flavor. My SC recipe isn't NFSC, but I think it's similar

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%