How Do You Package Single Cupcakes

Decorating By Rebeckydaniel Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 10:18pm by -Tubbs

Rebeckydaniel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebeckydaniel Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 9

Baking for our Election Day back sale to help the school's PTO, I was thinking about making cupcakes, but how would you package them without ruining the icing? Thanks for whatever help you can provide. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 9

Not sure how much you would want to spend since its for the school. But, there are single cupcake boxes that are for sale online 4x4x4, fairly cheap, about $32 for 100 boxes and free shipping http://www.brpboxshop.com/

Also, I've seen people just wrap the cupcake in wax paper so that the paper just sticks up and touches only the sides of the cupcake not messing up the top.

Cupcakes also fit in those small soufle size solo cups and I belive they have lids for those. If you put them in upside down then their tops stay perfect.

Hope that helps! And hope you guys raise a lot of $$!

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 9

Wilton makes single-size cupcake boxes, which come in a package of three for 3.19.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 9

I didn't even know that cupcake boxes existed in singles. Thanks for asking the question! And thanks for the brbboxshop website. I'll have to check it out...

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 9

there is a cupcake shop in my neighborhood that uses deli containers, like the kind you would buy your bulk liquids in.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/16-oz-microwavable-deli-container/127RD16C.html

they put the lid upside down on the counter, place the cuppie on top, and then put the lid on upsaide down over it. make sense?

you might be able to find them locally if you have a restaurant supplier in your area or maybe even Costco.

I buy them in sleeves of 100 for a good price at a store called Cash & Carry here in Seattle

mpence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpence Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 9

I use the cello bags from Hobby Lobby. I believe they are $2 or $3 for 50. I just tie with a piece of ribbon. Wait until your BC crusts so it doesn't stick to the bag. Since they are so inexpensive they are great for bake sales at school. I transport them in the top and bottom of full sheet cake boxes.

Rebeckydaniel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebeckydaniel Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:55am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for your help. I think I am going to do the boxes. A bit more money, but I think this will make the cupcakes sell faster and look really cute. This site is the best icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 9

The cello bags and the little cups are great idea's as well!! Thanks again!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 9

Leanne, thanks for the tip about the plastic containers. So simple! Brilliant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%