Edible Cake Photos

Decorating By chris7 Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 11:29pm by janiwork

chris7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris7 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 8

trying to learn how to do the edible cake photos. can this be done on any copy machine , with edible ink and rice paper, or is there only a certain copy machine that can do this?

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 8

It's not done on a copy machine, it's done with a printer. It has to be a printer that has never had regular ink in it and is dedicated to edible images only. www.kopykake.com has a list of printers they sell edible ink cartridges for. I bought my printer on ebay for under $60

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 8

I get mine printed at Wal-Mart at the bakery. It's $5 a sheet. I print out what I want from Word or Powerpoint and they scan it into their edible image printer.

Jodie

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 8

I recently did a cake with edible images and I went through www.homemadecookiesandfudge.com She was a little pricey but I thought that it was worth it since I just emailed her my work and she made sur the colors were right and everyting...I found the ones I had done at the local store turned blue and weren't as "sturdy as the ones I got from 'Jainie" good luck!

sweetisome Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 8

Also...I could put multiple images onto the sheet to fill up the size I needed....this is good if you don't have just an 8X10

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

You can put multiple images on a page they do at Wal-Mart. I did my pages in powerpoint, 4 or 5 photos to a page. I used 25 photos for a 50th anniversary cake.

Jodie

sweetisome Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #7 of 8

Good to Know Jodie...thanks

janiwork Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janiwork Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:29pm
post #8 of 8

I get all my edible from www.homemadecookiesandfudge.com. You can send them separate pictures and they will arrange them on the frosting sheet for you at no extra charge! At Walmart or the grocery store, you have to give them a finished project. HomemadeCookiesAndFudge makes sure the colors match & they are cheap compared to the time & effort they put into it for you. They ship super fast! Highly recommended!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%