Decorating By ThatsHowTcakesRolls Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 3:28am by xstitcher

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #31 of 43

. . . nice to hear you got the apology owed to you . . . thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #32 of 43

I blame REALITY TV for this nonsense. Bad behavior is rewarded, and the brats get their 15 minutes of fame. People imitate the rotten behavior of certain celebrities and athletes who should be spanked, instead of worshipped. The media makes it worse by shoving it under our noses all the time. Our youth have too many terrible celebrity/athlete role models.
Bring back Leave it to Beaver morality.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #33 of 43

Glad to read that all ended well. But I really dont think having the excuse of being stressed would give any one the right to be so nasty to another person...that was poor behavior on her part no matter who she thought she was calling.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm
post #34 of 43

Hi Tammi, you're such a classy lady...mistake or no mistake you handled with such elegance and never lost your cool---and I'm with you re: giving people the benefit of the doubt. When you said her reception was at 5pm I was sure she had called the wrong person.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #35 of 43

I'm glad to hear that she appologized to you. icon_smile.gif The poor thing. I'd be mad if my florist was 3 hours late too (among all the other things).

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:57pm
post #36 of 43

Very cool glad things worked out for the better

Mike

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #37 of 43

So glad to hear that she called to apologize! You just never know these days with people trying to complain about anything and everything just to get some money knocked off or to be given some type of refund. Glad in the end it was a misunderstanding on HER part and she called to say sorry. icon_smile.gif

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:12pm
post #38 of 43

Maybe the bride will learn a lesson from this incident - she needs to watch her mouth before she cuts loose on someone again. As my father used to say, "Choose your words carefully - you never know when you'll have to eat them." tapedshut.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #39 of 43

i am so glad everything worked out for you!!!! its nice that you were nice about it.....i do feel sorry for the other vendors that messed up though!!! hahahahahaa let us bow our heads for them!!!!! hahahahahahaha

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:32pm
post #40 of 43

Oh, PHEW! I had been giving her the benefit of the doubt for taking her frustrations out on you. Thank goodness she apologized!

And bravo to you for sending her that e-mail thumbs_up.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 6:42am
post #41 of 43

I WAS going to say you should forward that voicemail message to her mother!

Okay, funny wedding story. My brother's friend and friend's fiance met with a JP to book their wedding. JP appears to write down the pertinent information. Wedding day ... no JP. Fortunately, bride's uncle is a priest and he steps in and marries them. Turns out JP had another wedding that day, sort of thought about them and looked around a bit to see if he could find them (I think they were married outdoors at the legislative grounds or some other large parklike area), and couldn't so he left. Can you imagine THAT?

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:27pm
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

I blame REALITY TV for this nonsense. Bad behavior is rewarded, and the brats get their 15 minutes of fame. People imitate the rotten behavior of certain celebrities and athletes who should be spanked, instead of worshipped. The media makes it worse by shoving it under our noses all the time. Our youth have too many terrible celebrity/athlete role models.

Well said!

I'm happy to hear the bride did apologize.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:28am
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastryjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Well said!

I'm happy to hear the bride did apologize.

My thoughts exactly!!!!

I'm also glad things worked out for you, that you got your apology and the possibility of future orders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%