Chai Tea Cake Recipes

Baking By ThreeDGirlie Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm by DiscoLady

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 8

Anybody care to share their tried and true Chai Tea cake recipes? I am looking to make cupcakes, and eventually layer cakes with it. Scratch or doctored box are fine - I do both.

I have found a few recipes, but I'm not sure what to use, and I even thought if using the caramel vanilla cake recipe from the recipe section and subbing out the creamer for chai tea latte mix... So let me know what y'all do!

TIA!
Stacy

7 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 8

I use my yellow cake recipe and add powdered chai.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Chutzpah!

Most of the recipes I've seen have been for a bundt cake and I don't think that's what I'm going for here. The caramel vanilla cake recipe on here is a doctored yellow cake mix (I know your feelings on that icon_wink.gif ) that uses powdered creamer for the caramel vanilla flavor. So I think I'll start with that and sub powdereed chai latte for my first try and go from there.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 8

I think your idea of using the powdered chai mix will work just fine. When I made mine, I used a yellow box mix and doctored it with the spices. The spices are pretty basic and I already had them on hand.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 8

How much chai would I use?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 8

There is a fabulous Chai cupcake recipe in the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World book. If you'd like it, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you icon_smile.gif (you can make it non-vegan by using butter/milk etc as preferred!).

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 8

I made chai tea cupcakes and they were heavenly!! I made about 2 cups of chai tea using my powdered spiced chai tea and just replaced the liquid in the recipe for this. For the icing I prepared a simple buttercream recipe and added some of the powder to the icing. Voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%