Where Can I Get Shoe Molds?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm by robinscakes

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 6

Hi

I want to make a shoebox cake with a lady's shoe on top. Where can I get this?

5 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

There is a template here on CC... as well you can order from Global Sugar Art. If they are in stock, ships very quickly. Keep in mind that items such as the heel need to dry for close to a week in advance...

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

Actually, scroll down on the home page and there is a whole tutorial posted... HTH

thumbs_up.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 6

I have Stephen Benison's shoe cutter/heel mold set, which is very delicate and beautiful, but it's pricey. I believe FMM or someone similar make a much cheaper one, but it's not as nice. Nati has a template on here, but you have to make your own supports and free-hand the heel etc!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 6

when i see a shoe box cake i think the shoe should be life size, not some tiny shoe that would fit a child. what i did was a bought a pair of high heeled sandles from DSW at 90% off, cost less then $5. then took them apart, i have a formed mold for the sole, a heel that i can wrap around the GP and from there i can design the top how ever i like. they even came with a clear plastic shape saver that was in the toe area to keep them from getting squashed which i can use to rest under my GP.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 6

Awesome idea, sweetcakes! My daughter and I love to go shopping at DSW (and we love to laugh at some of the 90% off shoes...there's a reason a lot of them are 90% off). What a great idea to buy a pair to use as a template/mold. I'm going to to that the next time I'm there! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%