Royal Icing Tiaras

Decorating By DoubleTroubleCreations Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm by kandu001

DoubleTroubleCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleTroubleCreations Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #1 of 5

I've been trying to find out how to make a royal icing tiara. I went into the tutorials but there isn't one there anymore. Can anyone help me. This is urgent. Please please help me out.
Thanks,
Marcia

4 replies
cakesbyshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyshell Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 1:35am
post #2 of 5

There's an article on CakeCentrals home page on how to make a royal icing tiara. There really isn't much to them. PM me if you still can't find a link to it on the home page.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 1:58am
post #3 of 5

I got an error message when I tried clicking on the link. So, in case you're having the same problem...Here's a quick rundown. I am no expert, but I have made several of these with success (and no disasters icon_biggrin.gif ).

There are several tiara templates in the gallery that you can use. When I make them, I print out the template and tape it to one of my round pans. (When my cake was 8", I used a 6" pan for the tiara) Cover the template with wax paper - then begin piping over your template with Royal Icing. I believe I usually use tip #2. When I have made them, I repeat 4-5 times (letting each layer dry a bit before applying the next), so that the tiara is strong and sturdy. Make sure you let it dry long enough before you attempt to remove the tiara from the template.

HTH,
Penny

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

I made mine very similar but used one of my kitchen canisters to get the curve and it was nice and tall, and made sure I made 2 of them, one inevitably did break.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 5

The articles from the homepage seem to be missing, but what you do is:
1. either design one of your own or go on the templates pics and print one off

2. get a round container and tape the template on, and tape parchment paper over it

3. make royal icing and pipe it onto the parchment that is over the template.

4. Wait at least 2 hours for it to dry and pipe over it again.

5. Wait 2 more hours and pipe over it a 3rd time.

6. Let dry and you're done! At this point you can paint it or luster it!

GOOD LUCK!

Oh, and something I learned last week when my tiara shattered in a million pieces right before I had to deliver the cake....make two!! I promise it will save heartache, and making 1 or 2 at the same time doesn't really take that much extra effort! princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%