Have You Ever Lime Washed Your Walls?

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 1:34am by michellenj

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 4

Lime wash is a paint finish that gives a stucco-y kind of old and worn look to your wall. It's really difficult for us to do. I read about it online before I started. You can't keep it the right consistency even in your little container because it dries real fast and the water evaporates. Consistency is everything and this is just cray-zeee.

I mean each patch looks great but each patch looks different than the other one and you can see where it started and stopped.

I mean I've done glazes & stuff but this stuff is impossible. We're gonna have to repaint the walls & start over.

Anybody ever do this successfully???

3 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't but have thought it looked interesting, and I will never attempt it after reading your post. icon_razz.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah I mean I love that look love love love it. And I mean we both, me & my husband, are relatively good with our hands--he's a freaking water color artist. I mean there was something wrong with that stuff. Or I could agree that they should not be marketing it for mortals. I mean I read a thing online that this lady said it was easy.
Mmmm no

So now he said, well we tried that let's go with green now Ok I said. Well it's like baby diarhea pea soup green. When before it was this beautiful teal-y blue --so now we're gonna go get some more teal-y blue and use a glaze to soften it. Glaze I can do.

icon_eek.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:34am
post #4 of 4

Many of our do-it-yourself projects have gone awry and cost like 2x as much as it should have. Last weekend I asked dh to hange a lightbulb in the guest bath b/c his parents were cming, and he broke the bulb AND the fixture, and trashed the pristine guest bathroom. All I asked was for him to change the bulb.

Good luck with the glaze!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%