Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Cake Drum That Was Warped???

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm by tonimarie

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 7

I ordered a gold cake drum for an anniversary cake that I'm doing this next week. When I received it in the mail I set it on the table and noticed that it was all wobbly, when I got on eye level the board doesn't lay flat icon_mad.gif ..........Will the weight of the cake level it out, or what should I do. I live in the middle of nowwhere, MT and literally have no other option for this cake. any suggestions??? I was thinking about stacking some heavy books on it but I'm not sure what to do icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
tonimarie Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 12:37am
post #2 of 7

anyone?? please......I currently have it under a stack of Enclyopedia's. Maybe this will work............if not I'm in BIG TROUBLE. icon_cry.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 7

Yes. I've received two in the last year . I couldn't figure out anything to "un-warp" it. Certainly the weight of the cake didn't do it.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 7

. . . is the cake drum made of cardboard or fiber board?? . . . if it is cardboard perhaps if you moistened it and then set the weights on it might straighten out (it was probably moisture that caused it to warp in the first place) . . . just a thought . . .

tonimarie Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

it's made of cardboard....thanks anyways for responding. I'll probably try wetting it down and reweighting it. then I will be 911ing around to see if I can find anyone travelling the 170 miles to the nearest "city" to pick me one up. should the company refund my $$? I emailed them right when I got it and they haven't even responded icon_mad.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 2:34am
post #6 of 7

. . . I would think they should stand behind their product . . . good luck . . . hope everything turns out okay for you . . .

tonimarie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 7

GUESS WHAT?? I used a spray bottle and fairly heavily wet the back of the drum, and then set 3/4 of a stack of the enclyopedias on top and..........(drum roll) I went down this afternoon and the drum is as flat as a pan cake. Thank you dragonfly for the idea. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%