Need Some Creative Help!! (Long)

Decorating By karateka Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 5:36pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:10am
post #1 of 12

Here is an email I got from a work friend....

I like the choc cake with german choc filling and white icing that you can decorate. I want 1/2 sheet cake.

Hopefully the cake mosiac will come together...let me know if you need help or if you think this is a crazy idea...

Here's the 55-isms:
Stayin' alive at 55
I can't drive 55 (he can't...)

Here's the Rob-isms:

World traveller: global dude in a carry-on suitcase!
master chef of "dead-o-winter party" fame
wine and beer lover
proud Volvo owner
woodworker- he builds tables
music: "I listen to bands that don't even exist yet!"
digital photography and photo shop master
books, books, books...."Amazon's best customer!"
Pharmacist...toxicologist...there's gotta be a skull & cross bones
All the druggies call with " I fount this pill..." It's a classic poison center quote!
Professor: He teaches a basic pharmacology class and is a general brainiac
You definitely want him on your trivial pursuit team!
He's a leftie....wrong-handed...southpaw
Father: "Dastardly Dad"
He's got a full head-o-hair (always standing straightup!)
Repairs: "Fix-it-up Chappie (Crappie)"
Husband: married 29 yrs
He feeds the birds and squirrels
He's one of the good guys!

Good luck with this... Let me know if you get stuck about what to do...You are the creative cake master!

Oh, no pressure there. icon_confused.gif I'm already stuck.....looking for creative people to help me with this!! Don't be shy....all ideas appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

TIA!!

11 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:45am
post #2 of 12

Goof grief! What a request.

How about a guy's head with his hair sticking up, head phones on his ears and musical notes floating around. Some of them could be skull and cross bones. Maybe you could write "He can give at 55".

I wouldn't try to put every thing on there, but try to make it funny.

Good luck with this.

Michele

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 12

DO A FEW TIERS WITH ITEMS THAT FIT THESE DISCRIPTIONS, MAKE THE TOP HIS HEAD WITH ICING FOR HAIR AND MAYBE SOME WIRES WITH HIS THINGS HE LIKES AND DOES HANDING OFF (PICTURES OF COURSE)

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 12

I was thinking of doing a bookshelf or table, that he could have built, with all of the different things on the shelves or laying around... books, pill bottles, wine, birds and squirrels,photo albums, pictures,a head with hair, suitcase, small volvo, trivia pursuit game, skull and cross bones...these could be store bought little toys,trinkets or made out of fondant or gumpaste.
As a 1/2 sheet, I guess the bookcase would have to be pretty flat, so don't forget to decorate the sides with things.

karateka Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks guys! Those are all good. Keep them coming! I can use all the ideas I get and more.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 12

I hope you're planning on narrowing it down to 2-3 things.. Are you?

karateka Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 12

Yeah, I'm going to have to. I just want some good ideas that hit the main ones. Of course, what I think are "main" and his wife thinks are the main ones.....that may differ.

Guess I'll throw a couple of ideas at her and let her pick. But I could still use some more!!! Yep, begging shamelessly for free ideas! icon_lol.gif

Got some good ones already. Thanks!

SugaredUp Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm
post #8 of 12

I think I would go with a book for the main part of the cake (something that ties in one of those ideas she listed) and then all around the book, I'd put pills, pill bottles, and other pharmaceutical (sp?) stuff. I wouldn't try to add too much stuff or it won't be a recognizable theme.

Good luck!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 12

What about a scrap book? The "title" could be the 55ism and then you could do little "pictures" of his hobbies, head phones or a cd, pill bottles, a bird, chef's hat ect. Maybe do those with a chocolate transfer so you can place them where you want easily and have them already made up?

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 12

How about a man (in a lab coat) drinking wine at a table with a hammer on it, while feeding squirrels and birds. LOL Just brainstorming here. Post a photo with what you come up with. I love seeing these creative input cakes. They are some of the best out there!

SugaredUp Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 12

Stsapph's idea is good!

karateka Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:36pm
post #12 of 12

Ok, here is the finished product!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1277661&done=1

Thanks to all of you for the creative help, I really appreciated it! Now I just cross my fingers and hope she likes it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%