Please Help With Painting Title!!!

Decorating By BrandisBaked Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 10:47pm by BrandisBaked

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:13am
post #1 of 8

I am making a cake for a huge sweet 16 party this weekend, and the birthday girl wants a painting incorporated into it... but the image she sent me is not very good quality. I'd like to get a better quality image off the net, but I don't know the title (nor does she) of the painting. She took the picture at a museum in France. If anyone knows the artist or title, I would be forever grateful!!

Also, I tried to alter the image to see if I could sharpen the text in the photo (with the title), but I had no luck, as my editing program is not that great.

Here's the image:

Thanks!!!

Brandi

7 replies
katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 5:08am
post #2 of 8

Well, for one it would be MUCH easier if she could tell you what museum its from. I have way too much time on my hands so Ive been checking the pics at the Louvre but I haven't found it yet. If you haven't found a pic yet see if you can get that info then look up the museum and see if you can find the pic.

CharleneinLV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharleneinLV Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:01am
post #3 of 8

I have seen this painting! I can't remember the artist. I would recommend you email the Metropolitan Art Musuem in NY (do a search for an email) and send them the image. Trust me, they will KNOW everything about it. Hope that helps

Charlene in LV

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 8

Painting is called 'The Flood" by an artist called Anne-Louis Girodet de Roussy-Trioson. If you put in this info for images under Google you should be able to get a better picture.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 8
BrandisBaked Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks so much for the information! For some reason, I was never notified that there were any replies. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I finished the cake, and there are photos posted.

The images didn't turn out that great - I had crappy images to start with, and the printer I used (where I work) was acting up.

Thanks again though... I knew you all would have the answer. thumbs_up.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 8

Sorry you weren't notified but I think it's because the site had been down and sort of working intermittently.
The cake is nice but is rather strange for a 16 yr old want. Maybe that's what she wants to do!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could see the paintings better but they're much too dark to view. I've never used an image on my cakes so don't know how they're supposed to work.

BrandisBaked Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 8

She had very strange requests... I didn't understand why she wanted "pin-up" girls on the cake either. At least it turned out much better than the drawing she gave me of what she wanted. You should have seen that... too funny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%