Cake Central Reports

Lounge By beemarie88 Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 2:08am by Monkess

beemarie88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie88 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 37

This forum is designed to be similar to Consumer Reports. List new products or a product that you have just tried that does what it claims or doesn't. It can be anything from cosmetics, dog toys, kitchen gadgets etc. This way we can all find out about things we are curious about!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.-The PedEgg⢠($10)

Claims- to gently removes callouses and dead skin to give your feet the incredible baby soft look and feel that everybody loves

Winters in Pa can be rough on your skin and i got this product in hopes that it would work on my icky dry feet. YEA RIGHT if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I had so much hope..maybe if i sat there for 2 days slowly filing my feet it would but this product is thumbsdown.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.BURT'S BEES Thoroughly Therapeutic Foot Creme in Honey & Bilberry-($10 4 oz tube)

Claims- This foot cream is loaded with some of natureâs most therapeutic ingredients to soften and moisturize rough, dry feet. Bilberry extract, a natural alpha hydroxy acid, gently exfoliates skin and helps prevent the formation of calluses while honey and quickly-absorbing jojoba butter, replenish moisture leaving feet smooth and healthy.

AT LAST MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG!!! This product is amazing smells great and my feet are nice and soft love love love it thumbs_up.gif

36 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 37

I have a PediEgg too and I really like it... well that was until my DH used it on his feet (which I find sooo gross like sharing a razor or toothbrush - which he will also do if I'm not watching!) and now it's his. He liked it too tho icon_smile.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 37

sooo fun! I can't think of anything right now... but I can tell this is going to be an awesome thread!!!

thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 4:00am
post #4 of 37

I love my PedEgg. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 4:12am
post #5 of 37

The first time i used the PedEgg I wasn't impressed. I even told my mom not to buy one. Then I tried again right after a shower, and found it works alot better for me when my skin is softer. I was like, well there is the skin ick they show dumping out.

beemarie88 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 37

Maybe my feet are just to bad i tried it and it didn't really work for me icon_cry.gif I was sad I tried wet and it didn't really work either OH well..

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:54am
post #7 of 37

Curious to know if anybody has tried the PediPaws nail trimmer that is a big advertising item right now. I need something for my cats claws, but not too sure about how good this might be.

Any comments appreciated. Janice

Cakepro Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 8:17am
post #8 of 37

I am wondering if the PediPaws will work on my macaws. Their nails grow FAST and they don't much appreciate the clippers and emery board. icon_lol.gif

I'm waiting until they hit Wal-mart and then I'll buy one, so if it sucks I can return it. icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:00am
post #9 of 37

Good idea, to wait for Walmart to get them, hope it is soon. My kitty is learning not to scratch on things, but she forgets now and then, especially if she gets ticked off at me a little. LOL

Dremel makes tools similar, but after reading the reviews on Amazon.com, don't think I want one of them, but the PediPaws may be the same thing. I need it to be very quiet (which they say it is) but somehow I have my doubts.

Cakepro, you might want to see if you can find one called PetiPaws (I think that is it), it is more expensive but has different size holes for the claws or nails to fit into, that might work better for your birds. I think the PediPaws only has one hole.

Cakepro Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:37am
post #10 of 37

Thanks for the info, Janice! I didn't know they had a different version. icon_smile.gif

~ Sherri

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:19pm
post #11 of 37

I'm getting ready to buy a new refrigerator. Does anyone have one that you really love or hate? Any recommendations? We're on a budget, but we're thinking of getting a bottom mount (with the freezer on the bottom). Anyone have one? Is the freezer space accessible? We have a side by side now and the freezer is hard to manage (too narrow).
Thank you!!

beemarie88 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:51am
post #12 of 37

I did some research...our local news station did a story on the Peticure they said it doesn't work well, here is what they said

While, after a while, both animals calmed down and allowed Denise to work on their nails. What we soon discovered is that despite the ease in which the infomercial presents the product, it would take some work to come out with perfectly manicured nailed. Denise found, after following the directions and watching the video, that the nails turned out rough and ragged and the sound was frightening to say the least.

I think Denise summed it up best when she said she would prefer to cut her petsâ toe nails the old-fashioned way rather than use this product and she was genuinely disappointed it didnât work. Iâm sure the creator and maker of the âPeticureâ will tell you that it does indeed work. My contention will be that if the average person canât take the product out of the box, follow the directions and get the results they are looking for than the product doesnât work. So no stars out of four for the âPeticureâ on our âTest It Tuesdayâ scale. Great name, but not so great results.

Sorry thumbsdown.gif

As for the fridge ours is a Kenmore Elite they are a little $$$$ but it is worth the money they hold out well and we have no problems talk to someone at sears or your local stores and i am sure they can help!!!

veejaytx Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:03am
post #13 of 37

I'd have to agree with your tv station's test, most of the blogs, comments I've read say the same thing, doesn't do what it is purported to do, so I'm saving my money. My cat would freak at the noise and I'd never get a chance to even try to use the machine.

She seems to only scratch one place, a favorite chair (which I have applied duct tape to protect it) and I'm pretty sure it is mainly to get my attention!

Can't help at all with the refrigerator since I live in an apartment and have to deal with what they gave me, which isn't much of a refrigerator. I do agree that the side by side freezers are too narrow to be very efficient. I did have one years ago, and loved the water and ice dispenser!

beemarie88 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #14 of 37

Our fridge is a french door i think you would call it with the freezer on the bottom so you have a TON of space

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:46am
post #15 of 37

I've had an Amana with the freezer drawer on the bottom for about 7 years, and would never go back to freezer on top. I find it easier in so many ways. For one, I don't have to bend all the way to the floor to see things on the bottom shelf of the fridge. A side benefit is that the cats don't go "shopping" every time I open the fridge door, the way they used to with the old fridge. I guess it's too much work to actually jump up to see what's in there.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:52am
post #16 of 37

Thanks for the fridge help! Here's hoping I can find one that will fit a cake in the freezer!

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:02am
post #17 of 37

veejaytx,I ordered softpaws for my new kitty as we didn't want to get him declawed.  They work well.  It takes two to put them on.  One to prepare the softpaw with adhesive and place them on the claw as the other person holds the cat and "pinches" the claw out.  They can still retract their claws.  They come in different colors and also clear.  I put orange ones on my black cat for halloween.  They went on fairly easily and are supposed to last 4-6 weeks.  We just put them on Oct. 2nd.  So far so good.  He has lost a couple due to shedding the claw.  I have them on the back claws of my other two cats (they were declawed years ago)  and they have stayed on since we put them on.  They claw the furniture and it doesn't harm the furniture at all.  I was sceptical but am pleased with them.  HTH,~ihavasweet2th~

veejaytx Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #18 of 37

Thanks, ihavasweet2th, that is good to know about the Softpaws. I had looked at those when I got this cat, and I found out how extreme declawing is for the animal (ouch!) Pepper was 8 months old, and there was no way I'd put her through that, in fact, at this point I don't think I could do it even to a very young kitten! In case someone doesn't know, declawing is essentially like removing the the first joint on our fingers.

The part about taking two to use them is the end of it for me, since it is just me and Pepper. Just about anything with her is going to take two, so I'll just have continue training her not to scratch on the furniture.

I think the Softpaws are a great idea and I'm glad they are working well for you. Did I read where you have to trim the claws a little in order to get the Softpaws to fit and stay on? Thanks, Janice

beemarie88 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:45pm
post #19 of 37

What about products for dogs? My dog Fritz is a Shepard Chow mix and when we leave he leaves the house a disaster icon_cry.gif We tried leaving the T.V on giving him treats before we leave and we have this thing like a glade plug in but it supposedly has hormones in it to calm the dog down NOTHING WORKS!!!

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 12:38am
post #20 of 37

veejaytx,

Yes, you need to trim there claws first. In the reviews I read about softpaws before I purchased them some said they could put them on without help. I know I couldn't with my rascals!! I would like to know what you have been doing to train your kitty not to scratch furniture. We tried for awhile, however, he just wasn't getting it so we got the softpaws. They do look cute on him and people that come over think I painted his nails, like that would be easy and fun to do!!!

~ihavasweet2th~

veejaytx Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #21 of 37

Hi ihavasweet2th! Maybe "training" isn't a really accurate term to use...I am at home with Pepper in a small apartment full time, so I can definitely hear her when she does scratch on things, and I correct her when she does! I have the one chair she seems to be determined to scratch on, so I put some duct tape on the front legs, and that makes the noise that I can hear very clearly. She really likes her cardboard box scratchers, but doesn't care for the carpet ones. In a larger place, and without me being right with her, she would probably do a lot more scratching.

I have to agree the softpaws look cute, I sure wish I could use them, but I'd have about as much luck painting her nails as I'd have putting on the softpaws. LOL

beemarie88, have you considered crate training your dog so that you could confine him when you leave the house? Crate training gives the dog, and you, a sense of security, and works wonders for all kinds of bad behavior. My DS crates his dog when he gets too aggressive with his play, and when he is left alone. Years ago, I bred Yorkies in my home (not a kennel), and they each had their own crate, it was much safer that way, so nobody got hurt, especially when I couldn't be right there with them. Friends and family thought it hilarious when I would just say "okay, its bedtime" and the whole group would head for the doggie room and their beds.

Janice

beemarie88 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:44pm
post #22 of 37

I have a big dog he is a shep. chow mix and we tried crates and he gets out he is a really smart dog, he can open every door in the house we change the handles and a week later he knows how to use them. He is a good dog but can be a pain sometimes

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #23 of 37

this is a fabulous idea! i'll have to come back soon to post some reviews!

beemarie88 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:18pm
post #24 of 37

AQUA GLOBES

"Aqua GlobesTM are an attractive solution for automatic houseplant watering. Fill the hand blown stained glass globes as the plant needs it. Aqua GlobesTM are a great alternative to the daily chore of watering plants and an excellent choice for automatic watering while on vacation."

I actually own these and they work wonderfully! The only problem is, you have to be careful when you put them in your plants so you don't break them. Just take a pencil and poke a hole in the dirt and it should go in fine. They are great and don't cost too much. If you buy them at wal-mart they are 2 for $10

HAPPY PLANTING!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:14pm
post #25 of 37

beemarie88 - Thanks so much for sharing about the Aqua Globes. I've been wondering about them. I didn't realize that Walmart sells them. Cool!!!

beemarie88 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:02pm
post #26 of 37

They are great but fragile so be careful. and if you are using them on a small potted plant make sure the plant is heavy enough or you have it leaning the aqua globes may knock it over. My wal-mart does have them they are with the seen on tv section but every store is not the same GOOD LUCK!!! thumbs_up.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #27 of 37

janice we have a beagle who is crate trained. Shes so awesome we can tell her "go to your bed" and she goes. We dont have to tell her though because as soon as we turn off the tv at night she goes straight to her bed, its so cute.
Im curious about OxyClean, I remember my mom using it years ago and it not working the way they claimed, but does it work now, anyone know?? While im thinking of Billy Mays, does that MightyPutty work, it seems to good to be true.
vanna

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:34pm
post #28 of 37

A friend of mine lent me her Petipaws to try on my elderly Shih-tzu. She hates to have her paws messed with, so I wanted to try it before I bought the one at Walmart. The noise level is actually pretty low, and she tolerated it extremely well. It did a pretty good job on her nails, so she will be getting one for Christmas- thumbs_up.gif No more trips to the groomers to get her nails clipped- she is blind now, so car trips really upset her.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:12pm
post #29 of 37

I love oxyclean and my son (10yo) is obsessed with getting aqua globes.... he is pretty much obsessed with anything sold in an infomercial. He even made his own after I didn't buy them lol

laura1029 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura1029 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:21am
post #30 of 37

Kori, I had to laugh after reading your post - my son is the same way! He's been pestering me about Aqua Globes, Green Bags and some purse thing that 'can hold 2 water bottles and an umbrella'. Ahhh, the magic of infomercials!

Anyone tried those dryer ball things? There blue and are kind of nubby and they claim that they make your clothes fluffier and cut the dry time in half.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%