Will This Work?

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 9:42pm by justfrosting

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, I am making a cake for a friend's baby shower. The invitation is below, and I want to imitate it. It will be a 2-tier - 9" and 6" - cake.

I was thinking I could do the cake in pink BC and then use white chocolate and colored sugar to make the big flowers (appx 4"x4") with sparkly centers. I want to completely surround the cake and kind of fit the flowers together the best I can, haing then overhang the cake a bit. Maybe even a sparkly ribbon to finish the bottoms? and a big flower and MAYBE gumpaste baby booties for a topper.

Do you think chocolate is the best way to get this look? Any other ideas? I have about 6 weeks to play with it to make sure I get thre look I want.

Thanks!
LL

5 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 6

I cant see the picture

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 6

that would work.

You could also do the same pattern in a chocolate wrap. then using piping gel you can add the sugar to the flowers.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 6

just click on the red "x" and it (the picture) should show up...

Chocolate would be yummy and hardens so it is good to work with for a pattern like that. Gum paste is another option. Otherwise, I think you seem to have it nailed in terms of hashing out the ideas.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 6

just click on the red "x" and it (the picture) should show up...

Chocolate would be yummy and hardens so it is good to work with for a pattern like that. Gum paste is another option. Otherwise, I think you seem to have it nailed in terms of hashing out the ideas.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurrette

that would work.

You could also do the same pattern in a chocolate wrap. then using piping gel you can add the sugar to the flowers.

This is the way I would go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%