Serving A Carved Cake

Decorating By CaitlinC412 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 7:56pm by CaitlinC412

CaitlinC412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaitlinC412 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone icon_smile.gif

Although this is my first time posting, I've been lurking in the forums for a while now, and cannot express how much I love this website!

Question. In a few weeks I'm going to be making a pumpkin cake that will be carved to, (with any luck), resemble a pumpkin. I've read the forums about how to calculate the number of servings you can expect from odd shaped cakes, but does anyone have any advice on how to actually go about physically serving/slicing them? I tried a few searches for this topic but nothing came up, so sorry if I'm being repetitive icon_razz.gif

Thanks for your help!

Caitlin

3 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

I asked someone the same question...they told me, "don't worry about it"!!!"You just need to make it and deliver it". Course in the real world, I always on a carved cake suggest cutting the top layer first, then removing the cake board, then the next etc. I cut one I did at one wedding and just did it slowly. It didn't fall over on me!

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 4

Yep, I would say to work from the top down for cutting. Another suggestion although I know this is not what you asked......if you want a pumpkin shaped cake, you can make two bundt cakes and put them together. Of course that limits you to the size, but it works real well & avoids any carving.

CaitlinC412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaitlinC412 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4

thanks so much for the advice! icon_smile.gif I knew CC wouldn't fail me, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%