Cccc #6 Vanilla Coffee Cupcakes

Baking By Michelle104 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm by Meemawfish

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #121 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Well GrandmaG.. I hope you can share some of your new tips? I know what you mean beside my orders, I have been making apple butter and a couple fruit cakes. I still want to make pumpkin butter and A few other things !Yep its that time of yr again. Im always so sorry later on if I dont get ths stuff done. Enjoy your classes.

Two of the things I picked up that she does is always bake her cakes at 325. They won't dome and stays more moist. And always freezes after turning out of the pan. She says the cakes are always more moist when frozen. She's also showing us how to smooth a frosting which the Wilton classes never showed and I've been struggling with that. I get to it but it takes me too long. I do use the Melvira method, though! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm
post #122 of 167

Thanks.. I always bake at 325, thats my normal way. I have never froze but my cakes are almost over moist, thats what everyone loves about them so much . I agree I dont care for adding ways to do things that take overly long I fell like I dont have the extra time. Enjoy your class !

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:18pm
post #123 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

It's an amazing thing that we've got here. The comraderie, the way we can lean on each other, depend on each other. Get the support and understanding we need. I was saying 'oh no' as I read Meemaw's post and hubby asked me what was wrong. I read it to him, then said, "I know I don't *know* her, but it still seems like it's my sadness to share. These people feel like my family." He knows exactly what I mean. We all share so much of ourselves here, I defy you to stay completely unattached and not care what happens. It simply cannot be done. Unless you're a big poo-poo head! Hehehehe. icon_rolleyes.gif

I totally agree with Mel's statement... I don't get to comment all the time as I get on here M-F at work, so not alot of time to comment, but it always brings me cheer when I do get on. I also feel like we are some sort of family. (and they say the internet is an unsafe place to meet people) icon_wink.gif Even my daughter makes comments when I tell her about things from here!! icon_redface.gif

Linda, I am glad that things are still improving for your hubby!!

Meemaw, your family is in our prayers, and I will make sure my daughter knows, she is always asking about what goes on on CC when I get home, so I know she will pray for ya'll too.

Anyhow, I will not be making this cuppy, just too busy with work and other cakes at this time, but I will keep this recipe to try at a later date though!! icon_biggrin.gif

Dawn

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #124 of 167

Is anybody ready for the next winner? I know I said we would announce on the 17th but if everybody else is ready, I have the winner! Let me know what ya'll think! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:59pm
post #125 of 167

Oh go for it ! Is only a few days anyway !!

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:28pm
post #126 of 167

yeah...how many people actually made these?? Two??? LOL!!!

GrandmaG Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #127 of 167

It's not that we didn't want to. I think we all have projects right now. I'm trying to find people I can give my practice cakes I'm making for my decorating class. I'm up to my eyeballs in cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Sarsi Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:57pm
post #128 of 167

HAHAHAHA!! I know what you mean!! I was just wondering if that was all that tried these...

Its a good thing though, the two that tried it were disappointed, so its a good thing that everyone can save their ingredients for something yummy-er!! icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I never know what to do with all my practice cakes either!! My sister and her family love me!! hahaha!!!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:36pm
post #129 of 167

Yes! I would say don't waste the good money a vanilla bean costs to try these. Like I said....they're edible but I've also had much much better. Although, I have to admit, like so many others on here, that I am becoming a cake snob! icon_razz.gif But my best friend isn't and she didn't like these either. Anyway......here we go........

~~~~~~drumroll~~~~~~~
And the CCCC #7 winner is.......frstech!!! icon_lol.gif Yeah Dawn!!!!! Pick a good one sista!!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

frstech Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:26pm
post #130 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

Anyway......here we go........

~~~~~~drumroll~~~~~~~
And the CCCC #7 winner is.......frstech!!! icon_lol.gif Yeah Dawn!!!!! Pick a good one sista!!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ok guys, I will try to post the new one tomorrow !!

Dawn

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:32pm
post #131 of 167

Hi Ladies. Sorry I didn't get on yesterday but we spent the day at the hospital with BIL and tried to see him every 3 hours for 30 minutes at the time. He's doing pretty good thanks to everyone's prayers. He has a little movement but still won't open his eyes but we will take anything at this point. The doctor says he see's the movement too and that's a good sign. His daughter was so happy and went with us all day yesterday. She was in heaven when she's with him and talking to him. My DH talked with him also and his heart rate kept making the machine go off so that the nurses would come in and check him. The doctor said he see's this alot with stroke patience and that it means he's wants to talk back but can't and that was a good sign also. He had a good night last night and they have him on the lowest setting of the ventilator. Maybe he's on the way to recovery which they tell us will be a long process but I'm so thankful that he's alive and doing a little better. Once again thank you all for the prayers and know that we love you all.

Meemaw icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #132 of 167

Oh Meemaw, Thats good news for your family !

Meemawfish Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:52pm
post #133 of 167

Yes I think so Fiddle but I was almost afraid to print it because I might put a jink on his good come back so far but I had to share with my other family. I still believe he wouldn't be doing so good without everybody's prayers. Thanks again. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:16am
post #134 of 167

Meemaw that's great news!!

Dawn, give us a good one! I might have some time this weekend, and would love something fun to try!! (I have about a billion vanilla beans though, so I might still try to fit this recipe in!)

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:40am
post #135 of 167

Meemaw That so great, we will keep him in our prayers!!!

I tried the cupcakes on friday night. They were good. They don't have a strong coffee flavor, but I don't like coffee so it was OK icon_lol.gif My 11 year old (12 tomorrow icon_cry.gif ) ate most of them. She's the odd ball and prefers a white cake over a chocolate cake.......I sometimes wonder if she's really mine icon_lol.gif I was only able to eat one bite of the cupcake.....but that one bite was yummy thumbs_up.gif

frstech Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:30pm
post #136 of 167

Here you go everyone, CCCC#7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6128259.html#6128259

Hope this is a good one!!

Dawn

Meemawfish Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:59pm
post #137 of 167

Thanks all my sweet ladies for the good prayers and hopefully he will continue to improve. I called this morning but the news was not good. Seems his pnemonia is getting worst so he's not even moving today. They are talking about doing a trek (sp) but we haven't decied on that yet. Please continue to pray for him. Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:01pm
post #138 of 167

Oh, sending lots of prayers your way Meemaw. I hope the day improves.

Meemawfish Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:22pm
post #139 of 167

Thank you so much Fiddle. icon_biggrin.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:00am
post #140 of 167

Meemawfish---was looking to see if you had updated us! Hope you have had improvement today. My thoughts & prayers are with you. My husband is coming home tomm. Its been a long 4 weeks. He went from the hosp to HealthSouth Re-hab to get some strength back and it has worked wonderfully! I am so thankful to everyone for the prayers and good thoughts! And I am soooo ready to do some baking! thumbs_up.gif

Mel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your little man tomm! icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:38am
post #141 of 167

Thank you Linda. I am so pleased to hear that you guys will be headed home. It's be a long haul I'm sure, but you've been a trooper and it paid off! Give him a hug and kiss for us and let him know how pleased we are that he's doing well!! And a big old hug for you too sweetie!! You've earned it for sure!!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:16am
post #142 of 167

Linda that is great news!

Meemawfish Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:49am
post #143 of 167

Wow that's great Linda. I'm so happy for you both. Not so good on my end. He's still having a lot of trouble with the pnemonia so we're trying to think postive on that because he's really been a fighter and we're so afraid he will give up but I think he keeps thinking about his sweet daughter. She made him a poster last night with pictures of her and him and she said this was just in case he opens his eyes he will see her smiling face and know how much she loves him. It was all I could do not to cry so I gave her a big Meemaw hug. I prayed and prayed when I got home. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

frstech Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm
post #144 of 167

Great news Linda!! I know it will be great to have him home.

Meemaw, prayers are still coming your way. He definately couldn't ask for a better daughter, so thoughtful.

Dawn

GrandmaG Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:18pm
post #145 of 167

Great news Linda! So happy for you!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:25pm
post #146 of 167

Thanks everyone! I get teary thinking of what a close call this was! But he is packed and waiting for the discharge! icon_smile.gif I have lots of menu planning to do! His sugar has been so good since he has been in re-hab, so I am going to try to do things similar to what they did if I can just keep him away from the fridge! icon_rolleyes.gif

Meemawfish Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #147 of 167

Good luck Linda because men can be so hard head but we women usually know the sneaky way around our men. icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

frstech Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:55pm
post #148 of 167

HEY LADIES, PLEASE GO LOOK AT MY LAST POST ON CCCC#7 AND GIVE ME AN OPINION.

DAWN

Melvira Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:38pm
post #149 of 167

Were we ever given a link to the CCCC#7? I must've missed it. I wondered when it was going to come around. Someone please post? I don't wanna be left out! icon_cry.gif

Sarsi Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 6:00pm
post #150 of 167

hahahahaaaa!! She posted that link a long time ago!!! LOL....

Still in my prayers, Meemaw!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%