Cccc #6 Vanilla Coffee Cupcakes

Baking By Michelle104 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm by Meemawfish

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 4:12am
post #91 of 167

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30169118&id=1244346839

I tried to post this pic in the forum but I still can't get it right so I just got around to it! These are my pumpkin spice sugar cookies that I told you about earlier......why is everyone's pm box gone from our posts?? Anyone know? icon_confused.gif

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:32pm
post #92 of 167

Meemafish~ how is your brother in law today? It is great to hear that he is responding!!!! We will keep you all in our prayers!!!
JoJo~ yes you do need the pumpkin ones!!! I FINALLY found them last week at Target. They are wonderful! I haven't found raspberry yet but I wish they were white choco raspberry.
Someone asked about coconut. They were out at Easter with the Lemon creme ones (yummy too).
I put myself on a diet and had to hide my pumpkin kisses for later.
I too would be willing to do the "exchange".
Happy Kisses hunting!!!!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:05pm
post #93 of 167

Gabbenmom thanks for asking but it's been a bad night and day. Things are looking bad again. He had seizures all night and even though they gave him medicine for it he had them most of the day today. I'm so sad I just want to sit down and cry. His daughter hasn't had an easy time either because every time they allowed her in seems like that's the very time he would get worst. Most of the day when I wasn't in his room I was trying to keep her from thinking the worst. It's about to get the best of me and I'm so exhausted. We need all the prayers we can get. Sorry to spill all this you ya'll but I'm trying to be so strong for everyone that's it's all I can do not to break down to.

Love,
Meemaw icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #94 of 167

Hang in there Meemaw. Your not alone.we are all thinking about you and praying for your whole family. I know when things like this happen its so hard on everyone. You come and vent anytime you need to, sometimes the best thing you can do is let it out.

Meemawfish Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:32pm
post #95 of 167

Thank you so much Fiddle you just don't know what it means having you all to pour out my feelings to. When I think of ya'll it makes it a little better. Thank you ladies for being there for me.

Love,
Meemaw

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:46pm
post #96 of 167

Oh Meemaw, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It just doesn't seem fair that we have to go through such suffering some times. God is with you and he won't give you more than what you can handle.

Hugs

GrandmaG Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #97 of 167

Used the last of my Henny Penny's eggs in my pumpkin cake. Dang fox got all of our chickens! Come right up in the yard in broad daylight. I got a picture of him getting one of them. We weren't sure if it was a coyote or fox getting them so now we know. I felt so helpless. icon_sad.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #98 of 167

Aweee. Im so sorry to hear that ! I can hear the coyote at night when they prowl around. I make sure I go out with my dogs and they stay in the fenced yard. I dont want them to have one of my dogs for a snack !

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #99 of 167

Meemawfish~had to go back a few pages to understand.
My prayers go out to all of you for a successful recovery.
It's not easy, but we all not only have hands for baking, but shoulders for comfort and friendship for strength.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:56am
post #100 of 167

Yes Meemaw- I'm right there agreeing with what Vicky says. Our prayers are with your family.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 1:33am
post #101 of 167

Meemawfish, Many prayers to you and your family. I have just been thru this ordeal with my hubby and prayer has gotten us to where we are now. I have miss a lot of CC and we still have quite a ways too go but we made it to Health South Re-Hab this week and he continues to improve!

Thanks again too all my CC friends for all your prayers and support!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:10am
post #102 of 167

Hey Linda, Glad things are still improving.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:40am
post #103 of 167

Linda, I am so pleased to hear things are going well. I pray for continued improvement.

Meemaw, my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish the best for you all and hope my prayers will help!

It's an amazing thing that we've got here. The comraderie, the way we can lean on each other, depend on each other. Get the support and understanding we need. I was saying 'oh no' as I read Meemaw's post and hubby asked me what was wrong. I read it to him, then said, "I know I don't *know* her, but it still seems like it's my sadness to share. These people feel like my family." He knows exactly what I mean. We all share so much of ourselves here, I defy you to stay completely unattached and not care what happens. It simply cannot be done. Unless you're a big poo-poo head! Hehehehe. icon_rolleyes.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #104 of 167

Fiddlesticks and Mel --thanks! and Mel you are sooo right about our group! One day I cried all the way home and all the way thru my shower, but when the Dr comes in and says "IF" he makes it, kinda knocks you off your feet! I think that was the first day I posted anything! It just means a lot to have somebody listen-that isn't family -"and just be able to let go" I guess! I have lots of catching up to do but I will have time later!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:08am
post #105 of 167

Well we dont want to be that big poo-poo head! Hehe!!

Melvira Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #106 of 167

Well Fiddle, you can be a little sh*t sometimes, but I don't think you're that kind of poo-poo head! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:23am
post #107 of 167

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
Hey Mel Those little cuppy wrappers on your site are very cute icon_smile.gif
Yep I have been checkin it out icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:32am
post #108 of 167

Hey, thanks Fiddle! That's what I did for National Cake decorating day!! I was pleased that I finally figured it out. Thanks for the compliments!

gabbenmom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:58am
post #109 of 167

Oh Meemaw!!! I am so sorry that you (and your family) had another rough day!!!! You need to sit down and have a good cry!!!! It sounds like you deserve it! Do you wonder if everytime he knows his daughter is in the room that his body gets too worked up, maybe trying to let her know he loves her, he's ok or something? You said they were very close!
I will continue to pray for you all! Please lean on us whenever needed!!!We are here for you!

Linda, I missed the post about your husband. I am sorry! Please know that we will pray for him too! Keep being strong!!!

Meemawfish Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:55am
post #110 of 167

I could just give you all a big hug. I'm at work today so we are going as soon as I get off. As I've said many times this forum becomes so much a part of your life and yes you just feel like everyone here except the pooh pooh heads icon_biggrin.gif are all family. I guess that's why you pour your heart out. I don't know if letting his daughter go in to see him is bad or good but how can you tell her no when you don't know when his last breath will be. icon_cry.gif Linda I'm glad your DH is better and I so hope that my BIL gets better too. Everyone please continue to pray and you don't know how much your support means to me. THANK YOU ALL.

Love,
Meemaw icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #111 of 167

Your Welcome MEL.It looks like your the only one that did anything for National Cake decorating day!! I guess the rest of us are all poo-poo heads!!
In case you wonder why I picked right up on that after you first posted it ?? Thats my fav saying for any and everything >>>OH POOP !!LOL!
Ok I hope others plan to try these cupcakes to ??

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:40pm
post #112 of 167

meemaw.... let me just say that prayers are coming your way. My mother was in a coma for 47 days with a breathing tube. We went to visit her every shift (in ICU). She came out of it for a while and told us she remembered us being there every time and heard us talking to her. We also played her favorite music when we weren't there. They let us bring in a dvd player and music. Prayers and faith brought my mother back to us for a while. I truly believe it was God giving us another chance to have quality time with her before she went on. Please have strength and faith... I say that with the 3 "F's" you can survive anything... family, friends and faith. He never gives us more than we can handle in life so stay strong and know we are all with you.

GrandmaG Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:31pm
post #113 of 167

I do want to make these! I'm just making too many other cakes right now. I started another cake decorating class through a continuing ed so got to make a cake just for that every week. I'm learning so much more than the Wilton classes! She's been decorating for 30 years so she's giving a lot of tips just from her experiences.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:37pm
post #114 of 167

Well GrandmaG.. I hope you can share some of your new tips? I know what you mean beside my orders, I have been making apple butter and a couple fruit cakes. I still want to make pumpkin butter and A few other things !Yep its that time of yr again. Im always so sorry later on if I dont get ths stuff done. Enjoy your classes.

gabbenmom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #115 of 167

Hi Meemwaw! I wouldn't think it was bad to have his daughter visit just maybe he has that special connection to her and he is trying to communicate with her. I am sure he needs to have her visit!!!

Fiddlesticks~MMMMM Pumpkin butter! Do you have a fabulous recipe? Apple butter sounds good too!

I need to make the cupcakes but I am tryng to diet! I LOVE Paula Deen though. I have to get her holidy magazine!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #116 of 167

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=603757&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=105
gabbenmom. Im thinking of trying this recipe for the pumpkin butter ( bottom of the page ) I used to make it about every other yr. But havent made it for a few and Now of course I cant find my fav recipe so I guess its time for a new one ! Im sure some time when Im not lookingfor it I will run into it stuck in a recipe book somewhere!

gabbenmom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:11pm
post #117 of 167

THANK YOU FIDDLESTICKS!!!!! for the link to that page! After you all got me hooked on those pumpkin kisses, I want to try everything pumpkin! I also bought a pumpkin butter at the store a couple of weeks ago. I had never thought of pumpkin butter. It was very good but I would think homemade would be better. I am excited about the fall page. I was just thinking we needed one of those!
Thank you again!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:23pm
post #118 of 167

Your Welcome ! Make sure you start at the first page ,Theres lots of good things in that thread ! Enjoy!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:45pm
post #119 of 167

OMG Michelle104
I just looked at all your facebook photos, your goodies look amazing. I wanted to take a bite of each one icon_lol.gif

Sue

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:41pm
post #120 of 167

icon_lol.gif Thanks so much Sue! That's so sweet of you! icon_lol.gif

Ok guys! I tried these cuppies this morning and took them to my sunday school class. I was soooo disappointed!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif The recipe made 22 for me and took a little longer to bake for some reason. I couldn't taste the coffee in the cuppie at all really. The ganache was ok and of course I garnished w/ choc covered espresso beans. I tasted them before and after the ganache. They were edible. Just sort of tasteless I think. The texture was more dense kind of like a muffin instead of a cuppie. I took a bite of the cuppie with a choc covered coffee bean and it tasted better to me that way. Just not very impressed with these. Ready for the next one..... icon_sad.gif They looked pretty though. I'll post pics in my photos in a little while!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%