Ideas Needed For A "go Green" Cake For A Fair Entr

Decorating By didivella Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 2:52pm by didivella

didivella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didivella Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 6

Help!! I'm once again entering a cake in our local fair's cake decorating competition. Last year I was fortunate enough to win and would like to put a good effort forward once again. The cake must represent the fair's theme which this year is "Go Green" (environmental). I'm at a loss of what to do. I did purchase some fondant that came already coloured in green and blue to perhaps make recycling boxes with but other than that I'm out of ideas. I know that everyone on here is very busy but I'd welcome any suggestions and promise to post the cake when it's done whether it wins or not.
Thanks very much for your help,
Diane

5 replies
orianadalyyorkshire8656 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianadalyyorkshire8656 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 6

Im not really an expert baker..so this is just my humble opinion ...
3 tiers.
Top one is the earth- blue and green.
Bottom 2 are trees and plants and vines and humans holding hands around all the tiers.The top tier has an icing plaque that says-
GO GREEN (name of city)! example; GO GREEN NEW YORK!

i think it would look marvelous..
icon_biggrin.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #3 of 6

The first thing that came to my mind was the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" theme. When I teach it to my students (I teach 3rd grade) we have a planet Earth with signs sticking out that say the 3r's phrase in a circle around the earth and red arrows pointing towards each one. I don't know for the other tiers though, maybe a garden to show the whole organic thing... princess.gif

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:14am
post #4 of 6

I'm in central CA and we have huge windmills for an energy source. They are usually a tall white pole with 3 white blades on them.

HTH,
Kim

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 6

On tv the other night on the Amazing Wedding cakes they had one for Ed Bagley Jr. that was a go green and it was wonderful. they had like green for the base of the cake which looked like hills with white chocolate windmills and white choclate hearts. You could leave off the hearts though.HTH icon_biggrin.gif

didivella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didivella Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. I finished my cake and delivered it last evening. Here is a picture of it. The judging takes place this evening so I'll post over the weekend on how I did.

Thanks again,
Diane
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%