Fallish Theme For Bd Cake

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 6

hello ive been asked to do a BD cake and she wants Italian creme cake so the icing is going to be Cream cheese , i have some poured melted candy molds of pumpkins and leaves i thought about that and adding Yellow and Orange roses, what else can i do and is Cream cheese icing hard to smooth what techniques will work on this, and does it need to be refrigerated and in what kind of container??
Thanks

5 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

hello ive been asked to do a BD cake and she wants Italian creme cake so the icing is going to be Cream cheese , i have some poured melted candy molds of pumpkins and leaves i thought about that and adding Yellow and Orange roses, what else can i do and is Cream cheese icing hard to smooth what techniques will work on this, and does it need to be refrigerated and in what kind of container??
Thanks

Anyone!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 6

Make a few acorns......using tip 13 or 14 pipe a circle of brown/tan icing then use tip 3 to make the center. Put the tip into the center of the ring and squeese; pull up as you are doing this. They are small....about the size of a dime; no bigger than a nickel.
Make a mix of orange, red, yellow, brown, &/or green in your piping bag. (Don't actually mix the colors, layer them one on top of the other). Use tip 350 ro 352 to pipe leaves. The border(s) could be leavesicon_smile.gif

Cr ch can be difficult to smooth. For the most part the best method might be a hot knife. Have a pitcher of boiling hot water; dip your (metal decorating) spatula into it, shake off well then smooth the icing. Must be wiped &/or dipped after each swipe. You want the heat of the hot water, but NOT the wetness do the smoothing.

JSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSuzieQ Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:52am
post #4 of 6

I have to admit that I am not much of a rose fan, so I was thinking that maybe some sunflowers would be a nice flower for a fall cake. They go along with the pumpkins, acorns and leaves perfectly! Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

JSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSuzieQ Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:54am
post #5 of 6

You can also make your acorns with caramel squares by shaping them and then dipping the top in chocolate... I learned that on here! YUM!

cakebaker1957 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Make a few acorns......using tip 13 or 14 pipe a circle of brown/tan icing then use tip 3 to make the center. Put the tip into the center of the ring and squeese; pull up as you are doing this. They are small....about the size of a dime; no bigger than a nickel.
Make a mix of orange, red, yellow, brown, &/or green in your piping bag. (Don't actually mix the colors, layer them one on top of the other). Use tip 350 ro 352 to pipe leaves. The border(s) could be leavesicon_smile.gif

Cr ch can be difficult to smooth. For the most part the best method might be a hot knife. Have a pitcher of boiling hot water; dip your (metal decorating) spatula into it, shake off well then smooth the icing. Must be wiped &/or dipped after each swipe. You want the heat of the hot water, but NOT the wetness do the smoothing.

thanks its good to know all this ive never done acorns before but i will give it a try , although i have already decorated the cake, i used orange and yellow roses , pumpkins two toned leaves and candy corn(: looks really good and then i made squigglies out of green and added a few leaves,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%