What To Do With Excess Unmelted Fountain Chocolate???

Baking By blueman Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 6:59pm by anamado

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 5

I have about 12 pounds of unused fountain chocolate from a recent wedding. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it other than just eating the wafers. I was hoping to find recipes that I could use it in.
Thanks

4 replies
CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 5

Throw another party! icon_biggrin.gif

Does it harden again? Could you make chocolate pops or chocolate covered oreos or cake pops for holiday gifts?

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 5

Send it to me?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, I assume you're not wanting to use it in the fountain again. We have a small fountain and the we occassionally just use the fountain for a fun family night.

Although it probably wouldn't set up quite the same as dipping chocolate or tempered chocolate, you could still use it for dipping. You should also be able to use it pretty similarly to regular chocolate.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrown99

Send it to me?!?!?!?!?!

My first thought, too. icon_biggrin.gif

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 5

What kind of recipe did you use for it?

If it's the one that uses both chocolate and oil, I guess you could try making chocolate cake, like red velvet that uses so much oil. Just skip the oil in the recipe and use part of the chocolate mix for it.

I bought a little fountain myself a coiuple of months ago, and I have only used it once.
I hated the taste of chocolate mixed with oil, so I used lot's of milk, milk cream and a little piece of butter. Don't ask me how much, I poured the ingredients as I stirred and tasted it icon_biggrin.gif
It got very similar to a ganache. I have frozen the leftovers, and intend to use it as chocolate filling

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%