Where Can I Find A Good Cupcake Stand?

Baking By robinscakes Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 9:08pm by havingfun

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #1 of 7

I'm looking for a couple of cupcake stands. I've been doing so many cupcakes for weddings lately, and I don't have any stands. I have been sending people to another store to rent them, and they charge a very high rental fee. I'd rather get one (or two) and rent it out for a reasonable charge to my customers. I'm looking for one that is not that white plastic that looks like cake separators. I'd like it to be wooden or metal and decorative, and one that won't blow away if it's being used for an outdoor wedding. I checked around at the RBA show a few weeks ago and no one had what I was looking for. Pfeil & Holing has some really funky stands--bright colors with geometric shapes. They were very cool, but not what I'm looking for. I need something basic that can be used for any occasion. Anyone have a clue where I can look? I'm tempted to try to make my own.

6 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 7

If you search the forums for "cupcake stand", selecting "topic title", you will find a whole list of threads on buying and making them.
Hope that helps.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 7

I'm building my own for my son's birthday party. Granted, I'm building my out of styrofoam and I'm sure you want something more sturdy, but there are some great tutorials on here about making your own....(I just don't remember where they are) Good Luck!

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:15am
post #4 of 7

I have had mine custom made. They are made out of wood and are solid and really look great. I would suggest finding someone that is handy with wood make it for you. If you want dimensions of mine just send me a PM.

stillatulsagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stillatulsagirl Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 7

I recently purchased a clear acrylic stand the I used for a Brides.com photo shoot. Great price, great look...

http://www.efavormart.com/5tiercupcakestand.aspx

Brides.com ended up using a different shot (different stand) but I think it's because the acrylic didn't photograph as well:

http://www.brides.com/weddingstyle/cakes/gallery/editorspick/detail/178292?f=592%3a595&offset=2#_chip=0

Happy Cupcakes!
Brooke

www.cupcakecaps.com

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #6 of 7

www.bossmanufacturing.com has the most sturdy beautiful metal stands around. Some of their models come apart, some don't. Take a peek!

Yes, they aren't cheap, but it's an investment. With just a few rentals, the stand pays for itself and starts making you profit with each rental.

If you're more interested in the wooden variety, I started a post with info and dimensions for making the one I use.....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-22674-stand.html
LL

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 7

I just posted a picture of the one my brother and I made. I am really proud of it, and if you have someone that can cut the circles for you, it just takes some time and creativity!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%