Heaven & Hell Themed Cake

Decorating By VeeJayOne Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 6:32am by sayhellojana

VeeJayOne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeeJayOne Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:06am
post #1 of 10

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew, but I offered to make the cake for a "Heaven & Hell" themed birthday celebration. It's for the owner of a local hot spot and I'd like to make a "WOW" cake.

Any thoughts?
LL

9 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:33am
post #2 of 10

I say, divide the cake right down the middle. Make one side white and one side red. Decorate the white side with angels and clouds and blue etc, and the red side with devils and pitch forks and fire up the side! Just an idea! I thought that would look "wow". Good luck with your cake.....I bet it will look amazing!

VeeJayOne Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:28am
post #3 of 10

What a GREAT IDEA! I love the idea of "fire" up the side.

I'm back to the drawing board.

Thanks

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 10

cakebaker great idea! i was going to suggest half black and half white with maybe an angel on the white and a devil on the black. good luck! post your pics icon_lol.gif

VeeJayOne Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 10

Okay, this is how it turned out.

I had a lot of trouble making the flames, but the practice with my airbrush was good. (and I do need to practice! icon_lol.gif )

But all was not well. This was for a very big party for a popular, local club owner's birthday. It's an annual event and I made the cake for them last year too. I delivered the cake early but they had changed the plans. Instead of a big buffet table (where the cake was to be displayed), they decided to only do 'butler service' and pass all the food and dessert.

My cake was never displayed and never served! icon_mad.gif

The next morning, I went there, packed it up and took it to a shelter. icon_evil.gif
LL

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 10

I think it turned out GREAT!!! Great job!! I love the flames and the gate!! I cannot BELIEVE it didn't get displayed after all your hard work and creativity!! I am sure all the CC people will LOVE it!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 10

. . . clearly you DID NOT bite off more than you could chew . . . icon_biggrin.gif

you did a fabulous job . . . I can't understand why it wasn't used . . . icon_sad.gif

and I am happy to hear what you did with it . . . nice touch . . . thumbs_up.gif

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #8 of 10

amazing wow i wasnt expecting all that with how unsure you sounded i hopefully will one day be as good as you keep up the good work!!!

ps i bet the people at the shelter enjoyed it more anyways you got paid the customers were happy im sure and homeless people for a day got to have there cake and eat it to!!!

VeeJayOne Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:22am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJayOne

Okay, this is how it turned out.

I had a lot of trouble making the flames, but the practice with my airbrush was good. (and I do need to practice! icon_lol.gif )

But all was not well. This was for a very big party for a popular, local club owner's birthday. It's an annual event and I made the cake for them last year too. I delivered the cake early but they had changed the plans. Instead of a big buffet table (where the cake was to be displayed), they decided to only do 'butler service' and pass all the food and dessert.

My cake was never displayed and never served! icon_mad.gif

The next morning, I went there, packed it up and took it to a shelter. icon_evil.gif

LL

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:32am
post #10 of 10

They didn't use your perfect cake???
CRAZY people. CRAZY.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%