"bendable" Royal Icing? How?

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm by tracycakes

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #1 of 10

I was watching last week's "Amazing Wedding Cakes" tonight. The Cake Atelier made a cobweb out of a product she called royal icing. She piped the cobweb, let it set and was then able to drape it on the cake. Did anyone see this episode and have any idea what she was using? I'm really curious about the product.

9 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:00am
post #2 of 10

www.sugarveil.com

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:02am
post #3 of 10

here is a previous tread started like a week ago....

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-604828.html

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:17am
post #4 of 10

Sharon "sugarshack" was talking about something that can be added to royal icing to make stringwork easier on her blog. I can for the life of me remember Beth's last name or her website. But it could of been that.
Did anyone notice the thread I started yesterday about that place? Apparently Laura and Ruth decided to dissolve the business so there will no longer be a Cake Atelier.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #5 of 10

the disbanding of the Cake Atelier was mentioned in the thread I linked to..

Rocketgirl899 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:52am
post #6 of 10

the disbanding of the Cake Atelier was mentioned in the thread I linked to..

weirkd Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, I didnt see it. Does anyone know why? It seems like right now they would have incredible business opportunities with the show.

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 10

I did see this show and thought it was cool with the cobweb and also wondered how it was done using RI. Good to know SV will work.

As for the disbanded . . . honestly, I'm not surprised. They seemed like a mismatch, two VERY different personalities. It was like pairing up Martha Stewart with KISS.

B2B

weirkd Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bake

I did see this show and thought it was cool with the cobweb and also wondered how it was done using RI. Good to know SV will work.

As for the disbanded . . . honestly, I'm not surprised. They seemed like a mismatch, two VERY different personalities. It was like pairing up Martha Stewart with KISS.

B2B

lol, OMG! Thats too funny! Yes, you could see that they both somewhat clashed but sometimes you need that kind of ying and yang to get an assortment of customers.
Im just wondering if maybe they were watching the show and happened to see the "looks" that each other would give after something was said.
I was wondering how they were running it on a third story building with no elevator and taking cabs to deliver the cakes. Just having to walk down three flights of stairs would get me! Some of those cakes can weight almost fifty pounds or more. I would be so scared of dropping it or falling down the stairs with it.
And then depend on a NYC taxi cab driver to get it there? Yikes! I dont even trust them with passengers never mind a cake!!!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the information and sorry for the duplicate post. I was in Tulsa all week and hadn't had to to surf cake central for over an entire week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%