Picture Backgrounds

Decorating By ski Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm by ski

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 5

Okay there are many of you on here that have just FABULOUS backgrounds for your cake pics......would anyone like to share some tips on how you are doing this????

TIA Ski icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:09am
post #2 of 5

what kind of backgrounds are you seeing? That may help those who have them, explain them.

ski Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:42am
post #3 of 5

like Jeanne's jKalman for example or others like her, just wondered if they are actually staged or some Photoshop program or what???

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 5

Most of my pictures just have a clean sheet or a wall in the background. icon_smile.gif Are you trying to achieve a particular look? I try to get a nice staged picture of the cake with a sheet as the back drop so that the cake is all you see. Some of mine were also taken on my back deck on my patio table.

The pirate ship was taken on my dining room table with a black table cloth (was for the party) and a white sheet propped up in the background. Some were taken on my kitchen counter with a sheet also in the background. The peony cake was sitting on two chairswith the sheet under it and behind it... if I can give you specifics let me know. icon_smile.gif

ski Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5

oh that sounds easy, i hadn't thought of a yard typw background makes sense thanks again as always CC'rs thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%