Pumpkin Cookies Fillings?

Decorating By Karema Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm by Cookies4kids

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:11am
post #1 of 3

Ok so I'm made some pumpkin cookies and they look so good but I'm thinking they would taste even better if I made a filling and made them like an oreo. I dont want to use buttercream because it will be too heavy but want something that doesnt have to be refridgerated. I think I'm just hungry because now I'm thinking it would be good with some diced up walnuts in there too? Maybe I'm just crazy. Does anyone have any ideas of a light filling but not to light. I dont want it to be like a twinkie filling. Maybe like a buttercream but not as sweet or heavy. I dont know what do you guys think?

2 replies
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:33am
post #2 of 3

I love chocolate bettercreme with pumpkin cake...yum..maybe it would be good with a cookie too.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 3

I am planning to do the same thing for a bake sale next week. I just finished pumpkin cupcakes and I used a buttercream frosting that I used liquid Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer instead of the cream. I added a little cinnamon to it and it was really good. I have been using the BC lately that has part crisco and part butter and cream as the liquid. I think this is so much lighter tasting than the Wilton recipe I received in class. Thanks to those of you who posted that recipe. It is my new favorite and it freezes just beautifully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%