Michaels Coupon- Oct 3 - Oct 11

Decorating By Shanille21 Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm by AmyGonzalez

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 25

I want to post this in case some of you need coupons. HTH!!!

~Shannon

http://www.michaels.com/coupons/09292008021120/coupon.html

24 replies
lipstickvk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lipstickvk Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 25

Thanks much.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 25

Thanks a bunch.

justinsnaynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinsnaynay Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 25

Thanks so much

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 25

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 25

Thank you!

Deanna

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 25

Thank you Shannon! You are a doll!

Have a great day!
Best,
Karen icon_biggrin.gif

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 25

Thank you for posting that! thumbs_up.gif

Right now this website does not have any coupons available, but last week I was able to get both a 50% off one item and a 20% of entire regular priced purchase from them. It's a great site to bookmark, since they have coupons from all sorts of companies.

http://www.ultimatecoupons.com/coupons/michaels_coupons.htm

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:35pm
post #9 of 25

Here is a link for 25% off your entire purchase.
http://www.michaels.com/coupons/10022008021125/coupon.html

tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #10 of 25

Just a heads up for everyone. I went to a Michael's that I normally don't go to today. (I was shopping in a different town that the one I live in) I tried to use a competitors coupon that I printed off of the internet. They did not want to take it beause it was printed from the internet. They said that their policies had changed and they only take their coupons that are printed from the internet. Now I called my local store (it really is a shame that I have that number memorized), they said yes they took those coupons even if they were printed from the internet. I then asked is this only your store policy or is it a company wide policy. They said that is was up to each individual store. Funny thing is that the cashier at the out of town store said that the policy changed this year. Well I beg to differ, I have used competitor coupons from the internet there several times this year. I just don't know. I will stick to my local Michael's since I know that they will take the coupons.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:56am
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblide

Just a heads up for everyone. I went to a Michael's that I normally don't go to today. (I was shopping in a different town that the one I live in) I tried to use a competitors coupon that I printed off of the internet. They did not want to take it beause it was printed from the internet. They said that their policies had changed and they only take their coupons that are printed from the internet. Now I called my local store (it really is a shame that I have that number memorized), they said yes they took those coupons even if they were printed from the internet. I then asked is this only your store policy or is it a company wide policy. They said that is was up to each individual store. Funny thing is that the cashier at the out of town store said that the policy changed this year. Well I beg to differ, I have used competitor coupons from the internet there several times this year. I just don't know. I will stick to my local Michael's since I know that they will take the coupons.

I find in my area store that it depends on the cashier I get. One in particular will not accept the printed out internet ones, even if they're Michael's coupon. She also claims to be the manager on duty so I'm running into a brick wall with her. icon_cry.gif I wonder if I could get a printed store policy from the headquarters that I could whip out before she happily tells me she "won't except that printed out coupon" icon_mad.gif It's as if it's coming out of her pocket the way she defends her policy.

Suzy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy23 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:07am
post #12 of 25
Quote:

I also ran into that at both of our local stores. They said they would not accept competitors coupons printed from the internet but they would accept competitors coupons that come from the newspaper. icon_confused.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #13 of 25

thanks for the info

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:44am
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy23

Quote:

Just a heads up for everyone. I went to a Michael's that I normally don't go to today. (I was shopping in a different town that the one I live in) I tried to use a competitors coupon that I printed off of the internet. They did not want to take it beause it was printed from the internet. They said that their policies had changed and they only take their coupons that are printed from the internet. Now I called my local store (it really is a shame that I have that number memorized), they said yes they took those coupons even if they were printed from the internet. I then asked is this only your store policy or is it a company wide policy. They said that is was up to each individual store. Funny thing is that the cashier at the out of town store said that the policy changed this year. Well I beg to differ, I have used competitor coupons from the internet there several times this year. I just don't know. I will stick to my local Micheal's since I know that they will take the coupons.

I also ran into that at both of our local stores. They said they would not accept competitors coupons printed from the internet but they would accept competitors coupons that come from the newspaper. icon_confused.gif

Interesting....I had a similar experience at our Micheal's. I have one near my house I frequent quite often, only in the beginning did I have problems, but they seem to have worked things out and it's a pretty decent store. Because I live in a large city, there are lots of Micheal's. Recently I was trying to buy an item with a coupon from another store, (I am pretty sure it was for Bevery's here in California). The sales girl immediately said they don't accept them. Fine, I didn't argue, just said I didn't want it.

The next day I went to my store, before I even headed to get my item, I saw one of the managers and asked her about my coupon. She said yes, we do, it's our policy, it's posted right here and showed me. I then quickly explained what happened at the other store. Another clerk over heard me and said that she too had a customer say the same thing about the same store. To which the manager said, they are wrong, it's Micheal's policy and said that next time to find the sign in their store and point it out. So now I am wondering if they will give me hard time for printing internet coupons from other store.

I was disappointed the other day when I went to use my coupon a knitting book and they said I am sorry we no longer accept coupons for books or magazine. I was very disappointed because that is how I got the majority of my cake books! I told my DH that pretty soon the coupon would be pretty worthless, they seem to have a long list of items it doesn't work for! icon_cry.gif

On the other hand, my local Micheal's is the best, so they have my business for now. icon_smile.gif

I signed up for the emails and get their coupons right in my email box now!

Sandi

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #15 of 25

I dont understand why michaels wont accept printed out coupons? Then why send them through email!! Sometime the stores are so complicated!

Shannon

tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:44am
post #16 of 25

Apparently some locations won't accept printed out competitors coupons.

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm
post #17 of 25

I just talked with a friend who works at one of our Micheal's she said call the 800 number and complain. She said in the past that if enough customers complain they will reverse their policy.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #18 of 25

Shanille 21. THANK YOU SO MUCH thumbs_up.gif

I signed up for thier email newsletter etc but I never get anything from them. I added them to my list of accepted emails and check my spam daily.

I truely appreciate it when the CC family shares the "wealth"

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:16pm
post #19 of 25

Thanks! Just wondering...how do you get these? Is there a link on their website that I'm just not seeing or what?

Thanks again...I'm need some stuff and it will be great to save some money!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 8:54pm
post #20 of 25

Awesome! I headed that way tommorrow! thumbs_up.gif

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:17pm
post #21 of 25

Thanks so much!

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm
post #22 of 25

Thanks so much!

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:22pm
post #23 of 25

Thank You!!! icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #24 of 25

Just wanted to let you know that if you've used it already it doesn't work for everyone. If you notice in fine print it says not to reproduce. Well that's true. Once it's scanned you can't reuse it. Thanks though for the thought. Best yet ladies actually the best thing you can do is watch out for the weekly specials (in Tues mail). This week is awesome you get 50% of Sun & Mon only and 40% for the next 5 days. Hey I love those 2 coupons in one paper special. By the way where do you get those online coupns?

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #25 of 25

Thanks FrostinGal,

I went to Michael's today and used the 25% coupon, and.....IT WORKED! icon_biggrin.gif

So thanks again! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%