Good Morning

Decorating By Amanda518 Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 8:38pm by Sugarflowers

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone I am going to make my mom a simply birthday cake she does not like fondant at all so i am making a chocolate fudge cake with white chocolate buttercream icing. It will be a small 9" layer circle cake. Does anyone have some simply but also elegant type cakes they have done or seen? I looked but I run into a lot of way bigger cakes most end up having fondant. Any advice on what i should do would be great.. thanks thumbs_up.gif

this is the way I am going to do the wording, anything anyone thinks will go good with that?

2 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 3

I would put a simple band of fondant or you could even use a real ribbon on the bottom of the cake and maybe a large flower like a lilly or rose either out of gumpaste or silk would be nice also!
And I think that is it! Just keep it simple!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 3

What I see is an oval cake with ivory buttercream, super smooth with no top border. Make your design in her favorite color and then make the bottom border with small flowers such as daisies and blossoms. They could be the same color or a variety if colors. The centers can be the buttercream icing as on the cake or the top design. A few quick leaves would be good space fillers and a bit of color splash.

HTH

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%