Candy Clay To Cover Cake

Decorating By sisspence Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 12:35am by cakebaker111

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 6

I posted this under "how do I" but no answer, maybe I'll have better luck here. Can I cover the entire cake with candy clay? I did a search, but couldn't find a definite answer. I am using for the first time today for a cake this evening and really can't risk messing up the cake. thanks in advance.

5 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

Absolutely you can. It makes for a lovely covering. Not as stretchy as fondant, but beautiful and tasty.

sisspence Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks karateka.

I went ahead and covered the cake before I received your reply, I just took a chance. It came out pretty good. I don't think I will ever use fondant again. The candy clay to me was a thousand times better and easier.

cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, could you please post a recipe for the candy clay. I have been wanting to try this for a while now.
Thanks.

sisspence Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #5 of 6

Here's the recipe that I used, but however, someone else might have a better one, never the less, I thought it was pretty darn good.

14 oz. choc.
1/3 cup corn syrup

I used this recipe x4. I had quite a bit left over, but I would rather have too much than not enough.

I did learn somthing on the way, DON'T let it set in a bowl to cool and harden. From now on I will put parchment paper on a cookie sheet and let it set. I like to have never got it out of that bowl.

cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:35am
post #6 of 6

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%