Help! Help! Printer Problems!!

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm by AlamoSweets

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:19am
post #1 of 3

What am I doing wrong?? I only print pictures every couple of months. I store the cartidges in a ziplock bags and I always clean the printer. I keep running the print head under hot water and dip in boiling water. It seems that I will get one color to flow then the next color stops. I use 99% of my ink on test pages. I'm so upset. I have a Canon Pixma IP 3000. Can someone please tell me what to do? Does anyone have a printer that they would recommend? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Sandy

2 replies
Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:26am
post #2 of 3

I have a cannon IP3500 and I use the the cleaner from Kopy Cake and have not had a problem with my printer. Good luck

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 3

I have an Epson Stylus C88+ and love it. I had a Cannon IP also before and it worked fine for a very long time and finally died. The Epson Stylus was very affordable and the cartridges are available. I never take the out of the printer and I don't use it that often. If the test print comes out a little off I do a clean head from the printer maintenance window and it usually takes care of it. Good luck. There is nothing as frustrating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%