I Need Your Prayers And Hugs

Lounge By Bettycrockermommy Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm by FullHouse

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #1 of 56

Today while he was at work, my husband, Bill, had a mild heartache. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif He is 45 years old, and generally pretty healthy. He is doing okay now , although his BP is still 184/130 at around 7 pm tonight. I know that he is going to pull through this, but I am still scared. Tomorrow, the doctors are going to run more tests, including, I think, a cardiac catheterization to check for blocked arteries.

Please pray for him that he will recover quickly from this. I will try and keep you updated on him.

Thank you everyone!

Vicki

edited to add a picture of my hubby. This picture shows his true spirit of having fun and enjoying life.
LL

55 replies
ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:06am
post #2 of 56

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please know I am putting a good word to the Man above. Hugs to you. Please take care of yourself as well.

I hope he recovers quickly.

Kathy

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:33am
post #3 of 56

. . . lifting you both up in prayer . . . consider yourself (((hugged))) . . .

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:16am
post #4 of 56

Thinking a good thought for you and your DH!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:19am
post #5 of 56

Definitely holding good thoughts and prayers for you both. Lots of hugs enclosed as well.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:15am
post #6 of 56

Will keep you both in my prayers and thoughts.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:27pm
post #7 of 56

I'm glad it was a mild one at least. I know you're scared I would be too!!!

(((((((((Giant Hug)))))))))

Much Love Many Prayers
Kate

Bettycrockermommy Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:35pm
post #8 of 56

Thank you everyone! It's early here, and I still don't know anything else, but I will be back tonight to update you all. Thanks again for the prayers and hugs! I can feel them here.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 56

I'll make sure to pray for him till he's better.
Have you received any new yet today?

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 56

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) and prayers are with you and your husband! Keep us posted!

Love,
Nancy

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 56

He looks like a lot of fun! You and DH will be in my prayers.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:42am
post #12 of 56

Vicki (& Bill)

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers...((((((plus big hugs))))))))

Keep us posted, ok?

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:42am
post #13 of 56

Hi everyone! Boy, it has been a LONG day! Bill had the cardio cath this morning, and they found a 60% blockage in one artery. My SIL, a nurse, said that this blockage is in the artery that they call the widowmaker. I really needed to hear that today! lol And he also has a 90% blockage in the artery right next to the widowmaker. SO. . . This means that tomorrow morning, he is having a double bypass. And then they are expecting him to be in the hospital for about a week.

I am really trying to be calm, but, this is just tearing me apart. I am so thankful for the quick thinking of our friends at work that called 911 and aided Bill before I could get to him. There really are angels in this world.

Sorry about the rambling tonight. I will try and update you all as soon as I can. Thanks again for everything!

Vicki

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:38am
post #14 of 56

Vicki, I can not imagine being in your shoes right now. (((((HUGS))))) I will pray from your husband and you. Try to take care of yourself.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #15 of 56

Thank you Ohara! I'm on my way to the hospital now.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 8:10pm
post #16 of 56

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, BUT, the good news is that they FOUND them! They can do something about it now. Stay calm and stay strong! (((HUGS)))

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:58am
post #17 of 56

Thanks everyone! He made it through the surgery yesterday with flying colors and no complications I will continue to keep you updated on his condition.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and thoguhts! They are much appreciated!

Vicki

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #18 of 56

That's great news Vicki.....he'll be good as new in no time. I hope you can get a good night's rest tonight, you must be exhausted.

I'll keep you all in my prayers icon_smile.gif
Debbie

Amia Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:11am
post #19 of 56

That is good news! You know what would be the best therapy for him? Making fondant figures with Aine2! Seriously though, I'm glad to hear he did so well in surgery. He's strong and will back to normal before you know it. icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:39am
post #20 of 56

It's funny you say that Amia because among my worries right now is how am I going to make it to Texas and leave him here. I am terrified of it, but it is important to him that I go on the trip. I don't know what to do. He makes about 2 1/2 times what I do in an hour, and he is going to be out of work for about 7 weeks, minimum. He only has enough vacation and sick time to cover about 4 weeks. We are hoping that other people within the city and Tucson Water will be able to donate time to him, but I don't know right now. Now I am thinking anout money problems, and I am not so sure that going to Texas is the smartest thing for me to be doing. I wish I knew the right answer. My SIL is a nurse, and says that she can care for him while I am in Texas and we have tons of family here also.

Amia Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #21 of 56

Aww what a sweet guy, telling you to go! I say BRING HIM! Vacation is the best thing for healing! I'm sure if you can't make it, and you explain your situation, that you will be refunded the money you spent on the workshop. That little bit of money will help. I'm praying for you guys.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:05am
post #22 of 56

I am so confused and torn, Amia. I feel so selfish still wanting to go on this trip. I wish I knew what to do.

Amia Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:20am
post #23 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycrockermommy

I am so confused and torn, Amia. I feel so selfish still wanting to go on this trip. I wish I knew what to do.

Do NOT feel selfish! You have been through a lot too! As hard as it is to have a heart attack (not that I've had one, but duh icon_lol.gif), the waiting and worrying can tear you up just as badly. You and DH have a long road ahead. Taking a day or two for something you planned a long time ago is not selfish. It might also be just the thing you need to de-stress. If DH truly wants you to go, then why not? You know his sister will take good care of him. If you really feel in your heart that you cannot leave him without being a total wreck the whole time, then don't go. I think you should sit down with DH and talk to him about it. I'm sure he'll tell you exactly what he thinks and you can make your decision from there.

Maybe I'm giving you bad advice, but I don't think so. I think life has to return to normal for the real healing to begin. After my dad died, I went on vacation. Not having to live in the real world for a few days really helped.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:31am
post #24 of 56

It's not bad advice! It's wonderful advice! And I think you're right.

Amia Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:35am
post #25 of 56

Well I hope this means you're going! Too bad we aren't in the same class! icon_sad.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:03am
post #26 of 56

I just found this thread and wanted to add my prayers and hugs for you and Bill. I am really glad to hear that the surgery went well.

My dad had a 5 bypass years ago and by 5 weeks he was doing extremely well. So as far as health wise - your DH will probably be doing very well and with family being nearby to check in on him you won't need to worry.

As far as money wise - I have no idea what the whole financial picture is with cost of class, travel expense, savings, etc -- but can you give this three weeks to see how it all plays out and then decide if you can attend.

Good luck - and blessings to you both.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:47pm
post #27 of 56

I would also like to included my prayers. I hope everything continues to improve and that your hubby gets better. icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:15am
post #28 of 56

Well, Bill finally got out of ICU today. He is still in a lot of pain, but he is improving slowly. He doesn't like walking and he doesn't like doing his breathing exercises, and that frustrates me, but I know that he will be okay. He is too stubborn NOT to be okay. icon_lol.gif

And I went back to work today. I figured that I wasn't doing him any good sitting next to him at the hospital, and I will need to be with him when he comes home from the hospital. Going back to work was hard, but felt like I was finally waking up from the nightmare I have been living.

Amia, I talked to Kyla today, and she said that it might be possible to get the money back if someone else took my slot. But Bill is still wanting me to go. He said that he could go to stay at his parents' house while I am gone. So, I am still confused! icon_cry.gif

Amia Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:45am
post #29 of 56

Well that's really great news! If he's feeling well enough to be stubborn about things, then he must be doing great! When will he be going home?

Now, I don't know about you, but when I'm sick, I LOVE having my mama take care of me! icon_lol.gif Even my mom went to stay with my grandma, for a week, after she had her hysterectomy (which was just this past December). So just sayin...he may enjoy a weekend being babied by his mommy. icon_wink.gif Either way, don't feel bad about whatever decision you make. You do what's best for you and Bill. thumbs_up.gif I do wish we could bring the workshop to you. That would solve the problem right there!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 12:43am
post #30 of 56

Vicki...just thinking about you and Bill. Hoping that today was a good day. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to go to work, but your right, he'll need you there when he comes home. I'm sure it makes for very long days for you though. Try to take care of yourself. Sending (((((HUGS))))).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%