Help!! I Write Like A 1St Grader

Decorating By dmhart Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm by have_your_cake

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:36am
post #31 of 34

I have gotten better at my writing, but it still needs improvement. I like to print out a font and use it as a guide. Kind of like drawing the letters instead of writing them. I use the presses a lot too. If it is a child's cake, I'll usually write with the dots on the letters. I have also found that if you write them funky AND put dots on them it doesn't matter if they're evenly spaced or lined up at all. Here's what I mean:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1162290

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955

Ok I can't write very well either. What are the Funky Alphabet & Numbers by FMM used with? Do you just press them onto buttercream? Are they something like a mold that you have to press into fondant to cut them out?
How big are they?
Thanks. icon_smile.gif
Susie

You use the tappits with gumpaste or fondant/gumpaste mix. I'm going to try a link but if it doesn't work, just do a web search for FMM Tappits and it will come up. http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=758 They come in various sizes and fonts.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:23pm
post #33 of 34

neomommy,
Thanks for the link. icon_smile.gif
Gumpaste isn't edible right? SO am I thinking right that these made with even a portion of gumpaste are to be thrown out?
Susie

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955

neomommy,
Thanks for the link. icon_smile.gif
Gumpaste isn't edible right? SO am I thinking right that these made with even a portion of gumpaste are to be thrown out?
Susie

Gumpaste is edible, it's just that usually you wouldn't want to eat it, like in flowers and stuff. In the case of these letters you roll it really thin so you would just eat it along with the BC underneath. If you're worried about that just use fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%