Quick Question For Those Of You Who Have Done A Steak Cake.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm by BakingGirl

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 4

I have just done a steak cake and to present it I want to wrap it in cling film and stick a meat label on it. The problem I am having is that the surface of the cake is still tacky. I hand painted the fondant using Americolor and vodka. I am worried that sticking the cling film over it is going to smudge the surface, and when the cling film is removed it will remove all the paint with it.

The cake is sitting under a fan on full speed, but somehow I don't think it is going to fully dry any time soon.

Anyone got any experience or advice re this?

3 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

Try dusting it with a touch of PS. icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #3 of 4

when is the cake "due"?

id wait till tomorrow if possible...

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 4

I was in such a rush to get the cake out of the door I did not have time to wait for it to dry more, so I dusted the top with a little bit of corn starch. I used a big soft brush which I pushed against my corn starch puff, to only got a tiny bit on the brush. I just kept going until the sticky spots stopped sticking. Thankfully the surface of the cake did not get dull, I wanted to keep the shiny finish to keep the meat looking real. I had no problem with the cling film coming off, so it worked very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%